PDA

View Full Version : C454e Light Copies, prints are fine

Custom Search

mrfuser
10-26-2022, 12:09 AM
Ok, cleaned white strip, replaced IU and DV assembly. Still copies very light. Not much difference in changing to different original settings.

Any ideas?

K

Markks
10-26-2022, 12:58 AM
Ok, cleaned white strip, replaced IU and DV assembly. Still copies very light. Not much difference in changing to different original settings.

Any ideas?

K

If prints look good and the internal demo page is good then there is nothing wrong with Print head(laser) IU or DV assembly. When is the last time you cleaned the optics and both sides of the glass?

mrfuser
10-26-2022, 01:20 AM
I clean the glass as well.
A while back, I had a Konica there was doing something like that and a change the developer unit and the quality came back. Lol.

I guess I’ll have to go onto the Konica website and see what I can find if there’s any bulletins to talk about it

=Markks;2236227]If prints look good and the internal demo page is good then there is nothing wrong with Print head(laser) IU or DV assembly. When is the last time you cleaned the optics and both sides of the glass?[/QUOTE]

Markks
10-26-2022, 01:49 AM
I clean the glass as well.
A while back, I had a Konica there was doing something like that and a change the developer unit and the quality came back. Lol.

I guess I’ll have to go onto the Konica website and see what I can find if there’s any bulletins to talk about it

=Markks;2236227]If prints look good and the internal demo page is good then there is nothing wrong with Print head(laser) IU or DV assembly. When is the last time you cleaned the optics and both sides of the glass?[/QUOTE]

What about the mirrors?

mrfuser
10-26-2022, 02:47 AM
Yep mirrors also. All optics cleaned

What about the mirrors?[/QUOTE]

Markks
10-26-2022, 02:52 AM
Yep mirrors also. All optics cleaned

What about the mirrors?[/QUOTE]

If all optics clean and internal prints and print jobs look good you might have a bad ccd

femaster
10-27-2022, 05:19 AM
I hate to ask the obvious, but have you run the gradation adjustments? Prints can look good and copies can look like crap if these get out of wack.

You generally don't see that big of an issue with these models needing gradation run all that often. The ones we always had trouble with were the C227/C287, which would need to have the gradation run quite frequently to keep the copy and print quality looking good.

tsbservice
10-27-2022, 06:13 AM
I hate to ask the obvious, but have you run the gradation adjustments? Prints can look good and copies can look like crap if these get out of wack.

You generally don't see that big of an issue with these models needing gradation run all that often. The ones we always had trouble with were the C227/C287, which would need to have the gradation run quite frequently to keep the copy and print quality looking good.
Agree plus black & white bizhub 227/287/367.

mrfuser
10-27-2022, 05:12 PM
Swapped ccd and still poor. Ran gradation in service mode and in admin mode.
head scratcher this is

mrfuser
10-27-2022, 06:29 PM
Ok replaced black drum and quality came back perfect for about 20 pages. Then started fading again!

any other ideas?

mrfuser
10-27-2022, 09:35 PM
Ok replaced lamp assembly and ccd and black dv assembly, transfer belt and drum. Print is always great. If we scan letter R and have it rotate to letter it prints fine but if we scan letter to letter it is faded on non op side! This is really nuts! Anyone ever seen this??

tsbservice
10-27-2022, 09:39 PM
Clean Poly mirror.

mrfuser
10-27-2022, 09:55 PM
remove the entire laser assembly?

QUOTE=tsbservice;2237452]Clean Poly mirror.[/QUOTE]

copyman
10-27-2022, 11:31 PM
If prints are fine then you can rule out the laser. Just to be clear is light quality the same copying through feeder and if you place original on glass?

mrfuser
10-27-2022, 11:42 PM
yes same

QUOTE=copyman;2237542]If prints are fine then you can rule out the laser. Just to be clear is light quality the same copying through feeder and if you place original on glass?[/QUOTE]

Markks
10-28-2022, 03:26 AM
maybe the ribbon cable going from lamp to board or ribbon cable going from ccd to board

mrfuser
10-28-2022, 03:42 AM
Replaced this assemblies so nope 😢😩

Gift
10-28-2022, 07:00 AM
"prints are fine"

How are the scans looking in different settings?
Did you print some grayscale test print, too? Sometimes you can get decent solids but bad half tones. Copies usually don't use 255 solids due to dynamics limitations.

I've had issues like that with "appearently" fine prints.

I've also seen issues with bad gradation adjustments - try and delete the gradation adjust and don't calibrate it again but check if the copies look better.
Last resort: machine inititialisaion (after USB backup)

mrfuser
10-28-2022, 06:57 PM
which initialization are you speaking of?

"prints are fine"

How are the scans looking in different settings?
Did you print some grayscale test print, too? Sometimes you can get decent solids but bad half tones. Copies usually don't use 255 solids due to dynamics limitations.

I've had issues like that with "appearently" fine prints.

I've also seen issues with bad gradation adjustments - try and delete the gradation adjust and don't calibrate it again but check if the copies look better.
Last resort: machine inititialisaion (after USB backup)

Markks
10-28-2022, 09:47 PM
which initialization are you speaking of?

I belive he's talking about under Image Process>Stabilizer>Initialize+Stabilization. Then run gradation

Markks
10-28-2022, 09:48 PM
I belive he's talking about under Image Process>Stabilizer>Initialize+Stabilization. Then run gradation

If that doesn't work last resort system 1 in service mode > initialization > clear all data

CopierNerd
10-31-2022, 05:57 PM
Can you please share the copy and print for comparison?

I also agree with the initialization. You should give it a try. Then firmware update.

tulintron
10-31-2022, 08:32 PM
Can you please share the copy and print for comparison?

I also agree with the initialization. You should give it a try. Then firmware update. +1
Contribute an image of the error. It's easier to understand and help.

Custom Search