PDA

View Full Version : C450i J30-03, 92-01, 99-01

Custom Search

Tech09
11-02-2022, 02:59 PM
I have a C450i with less than 13k prints getting J30-03, 92-01 and 99-01 there's roughly 20-30 of each of those jam codes but only from the bypass tray. The confusing part for me is I've never had a 99-01 while copying before, I've only seen that happen on print jobs.

1.10.3 99-01Contents
JAM type Controller JAM (paper size error (paper length))
JAM code 99-01
JAM detection timing 99-01 • As a result of a paper size error (paper length), the controller transmits a forced stop command
to the printer engine and the printer engine is internally processing the size error.
• As a result of a paper size error (paper length), the controller transmits a forced stop command
to the printer engine; but the paper causing the size error cannot be fed out.
Misfeed processing
Relevant parts -
Procedure
Step Action Control signal Location of electrical component
1 Initial check items - -
2 Open and close the lower front door of the main body. -

I've tried changing the loop timing, replaced the Base board, made sure all the rollers, tires, clutches are clean and working. Made sure all the automatic paper type sensors are disabled. Have an Expansion Control Board on order. Any other thoughts?

davidmtupper
11-02-2022, 03:16 PM
With oddball errors I usually start with making sure the firmware is up to date. it has fixed some stuff that is seemingly unrelated. You may want to start there.

Tech09
11-02-2022, 03:19 PM
With oddball errors I usually start with making sure the firmware is up to date. it has fixed some stuff that is seemingly unrelated. You may want to start there.

Yeah, sorry forgot to mention that. I had flashed firmware on my first visit. Agreed, whenever I have weird codes I flash firmware, either reflashing the same level if at the current level already or upgrading to the current level.

femaster
11-03-2022, 12:14 AM
While the jam codes are different, I could see the pickup roller oneway issue potentially causing a 99-01 from the bypass. Might be worth a check.

Custom Search