PDA

View Full Version : Biz hub c552ds adf jam

Custom Search

mrfuser
11-04-2022, 11:03 PM
Ok client has an older c552ds that suddenly shows jam 23 on display and can’t get it to clear. Swapped rear plunger assembly, feed assembly and sensors seem fine. Sensors in service mode all show 0 except glass home position, lift up upper , read roller and after separate all show 1.

any ideas?

mrfuser
11-05-2022, 07:03 PM
Nobody seen this before?

femaster
11-07-2022, 03:21 AM
Jam "23" is useless. That's meant to give the end user a warm fuzzy feeling, not to help a technician. You won't find those numbers referenced anywhere in any service manual for any machine.

Jam codes in the ADF start with "66-". I'd advise getting a service manual so you know what those 1's and 0's mean for the state of each sensor. That will go a long way in assisting your troubleshooting of the problem.

If you haven't already, reboot the copier. Sometimes if a jam sits long enough the machine gets stuck in a jammed state and won't clear, ever after the cause of the jam is cleared. A reboot will reset things back to normal.

mrfuser
11-07-2022, 05:48 PM
66-43 is service mode jam code. I have the manuals and such. This one is just not cooperating. If I reboot it’s the same. I can sometimes lower the flap under the adf and put it back up and it shows no jam until I put an original back in for copy then immediately it shows jam again.

any ideas?

mrfuser
11-07-2022, 09:28 PM
Ok found a faulty sensor just past original separation and now it allows us to clear jam, but it only pulls paper in part way and then shows name like the secondary rollers are not kicking in to continue the feed. They all turn fine and don’t show much wear . Any ideas now?

mrfuser
11-07-2022, 10:27 PM
wow that was a duh move on my part! When I replaced the sensor I didn’t plug it in completely and was just a bit out of the socket. Enough for the machine to see it and not enough to work properly! Sheesh, must be Monday!

Custom Search