PDA

View Full Version : C224 scan quality

Custom Search

copyman
11-05-2022, 02:33 PM
Has anyone ever seen this (see attached).

Happens when scanning to computer or copying. Same thing through ADF or off the glass. Printing from computer is fine which rules out consumables.

This is a NON-E model that has been upgraded to latest version up firmware.

Thought I solved issue by cleaning optics and doing some adjustments but only lasted about 2 weeks and now back with same issue.

Only thing I can think of is bad CCD unit or a board?

Thanks for any help

CopierNerd
11-05-2022, 08:07 PM
Has anyone ever seen this (see attached).

Happens when scanning to computer or copying. Same thing through ADF or off the glass. Printing from computer is fine which rules out consumables.

This is a NON-E model that has been upgraded to latest version up firmware.

Thought I solved issue by cleaning optics and doing some adjustments but only lasted about 2 weeks and now back with same issue.

Only thing I can think of is bad CCD unit or a board?

Thanks for any help

It seems like the CCD unit is faulty. You can check the second side of scanned image if there is DSDF otherwise the CCD unit needs replacement.

blackcat4866
11-05-2022, 08:14 PM
Interesting moire' pattern.

What sort of originals are they? Glossy, textured media, laser printed image, light green background?

If it was a Kyocera I would calibrate the CCD with the special charts. I think I'd do the CCD calibrations on pg G-38 (226) of the service manual. If unsuccessful, I would then change the CCD, and do those same adjustments again. =^..^=

Hansoon
11-05-2022, 08:14 PM
For me first thought would be reseating of the flat cable, than replacing of the CCD unit, yikes

Hans

JacekB
12-27-2022, 11:46 AM
I have the same problem,the device has dualscan and copies from the feeder (2 side) is ok.

copyman do you remember the solution?

copyman
12-27-2022, 02:43 PM
I have the same problem,the device has dualscan and copies from the feeder (2 side) is ok.

copyman do you remember the solution?

Sorry for not following up. Customer decided to upgrade instead copier of replacing CCD unit. I wanted to take copier to shop to troubleshoot further but it was at a restaurant with mice & roaches and didn't want to possibly bring them to my shop. My gut feeling is mice had chewed wires but didn't see any evidence of it.

I would start with replacing the CCD unit and do the necessary calibrations. That was going to be my next move.

By the way this machine didn't have the dual scan feeder, it had the DF-624

Good luck

Gift
12-28-2022, 02:18 PM
yummy :p;)

copyman
12-28-2022, 02:27 PM
yummy :p;)

Ha-ha, many times they offered me lunch and I said I had just ate, on diet, etc.

To be fair I've seen this in many restaurants. I think they can only control roaches, mice, etc not totally eliminate. My mother was a waitress and would rarely eat out, now I know why.

Custom Search