PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-280, my own old beast for testing purposes, stuck on logo

Custom Search

Hansoon
11-07-2022, 04:26 PM
Have this old machine for testing purposes only. It started with several error indications regarding the hard drive. After replacing and formatting a new HD the machine came up first with an endless "Now Warming Up" indication. After restarting, everything sounded as normal, the buzzing of the pressure roller retraction motor, the clacking noise of the IDC registration shutter and the usual final beep. Then after that the hourglass the display came on followed with a freezing KonicaMinolta logo and without continuing. Installing fresh firmware was of course not possible either.

NVRAM? Boards? Never had this error until now with all of my machines of this series. Any help please?

Hans

copier tech
11-07-2022, 04:53 PM
Have this old machine for testing purposes only. It started with several error indications regarding the hard drive. After replacing and formatting a new HD the machine came up first with an endless "Now Warming Up" indication. After restarting, everything sounded as normal, the buzzing of the pressure roller retraction motor, the clacking noise of the IDC registration shutter and the usual final beep. Then after that the hourglass the display came on followed with a freezing KonicaMinolta logo and without continuing. Installing fresh firmware was of course not possible either.

NVRAM? Boards? Never had this error until now with all of my machines of this series. Any help please?

Hans

Was the device working OK before you replaced the HDD ?

Have you tried updating the firmware?

Can you enter 'trouble reset' mode ? (Hold down counter/utility button & power on)

blackcat4866
11-07-2022, 08:49 PM
I've had other machine freeze up with the black screen at boot up. It was new page memory that finally got me a screen ... and an error code that I could address. =^..^=

copyman
11-07-2022, 10:27 PM
NVRAM? There is a C220 series NVRAM reset firmware. PM me if you need it and will send it to you.

Hansoon
11-08-2022, 01:01 AM
NVRAM? There is a C220 series NVRAM reset firmware. PM me if you need it and will send it to you.

Thanks, I have "A0ED0Y0-F000-GQ7-D1.exe" Is that what you mean?

Hans

copyman
11-08-2022, 01:56 AM

Hans

No it's a .tar file

"A0EDFW.tar"

Hansoon
11-08-2022, 02:19 AM
No it's a .tar file

"A0EDFW.tar"

Yeah, that's the one I have. Thanks, Pal.

Hans

Oystercopy
11-08-2022, 03:48 AM
I'm going out on a limb here, but is there a chance that any of the Drum units are past their life? I've had machines freeze up when that happens, even if you have the machine set to go past the life of the drums?
OC

tsbservice
11-08-2022, 07:19 AM

Hans

No it's a .tar file

"A0EDFW.tar"
Those are the same guys :)
@Hans read carefully firmware update sheet(DLBT1202214EN00) before doing this jig firmware for resetting NVRAM data.

Hansoon
11-09-2022, 02:33 AM
Machine is working again, still with the original HD and NVRAM.
I was not able to update FW nor do NVRAM reset. It came up in between with a C-6752 code pointing me to a bad connected CCD. Found that the screws of the fat connector of the CCD harness going into the MFP board (left side of PWB box) were loose. (big boob of my colleagues) Reseating the connector properly solved all problems suddenly. Though I see no direct relation to the previous problems with this loose connector, reseating and tightening those screws seems to fix the problem for the moment.

Thanks for your help, guys.

Hans

copyman
11-11-2022, 12:25 AM
Thanks for posting the "fix"

I've seen several times when machine is locked up that if you can get machine to code out for something else it gets machine working again. One of those fluke things with no explanation.

copyman
11-11-2022, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the follow-up

I've seen several times when machine is locked up that if you can get machine to code out for something else it gets machine working again. One of those fluke things with no explanation.

Custom Search