PDA

View Full Version : C258 waste toner full not activating

Custom Search

Scarekrow
11-07-2022, 06:16 PM
HI,

The waste toner full is not activating, I put a sticker around the clear plastic that sits between the sensor and checked the sensors in service mode which detected it was full and empty with and without the sticker, so I did a software update which didn't fix it any ideas

tsbservice
11-07-2022, 07:39 PM
Did you put new WTB in the machine after all?

Oystercopy
11-08-2022, 03:51 AM
Not sure if this is related, but I've had to "supplement" the flag (not the clear, full box on the back) with some electrical tape, to make it "see" the box installed. Not sure why, but it seems to let the machine know the box is there. Of course, when that happens, the machine thinks there's NO BOX there; different from your issue, of course.
OC

Scarekrow
11-23-2022, 03:27 PM
Did you put new WTB in the machine after all?

Apparently, just blocking the sensor will not activate a waste toner full state straight away but will just activate a count down to it. So I left the machine with the new waste toner and today I went back and checked it, I had just caught it in time as it was starting to over flow again which means the problem still exists and if I dont catch it in time it will back up toner through the drums and make a total mess :mad:

Custom Search