PDA

View Full Version : C250i/C300i series squeaking during operation

Custom Search

Labsy
11-08-2022, 03:15 PM
Hi,

we have a dozen of C250i and C300i series copiers and they all begin squeaking very soon after installation, like after a month or two. Our technicians go and grease lightly everything, and if not better, then everything else, until squeaking noise goes away. Anyone had same problem and figured out, what component needs to be greased? We do not want to put grease unnecesarily everywhere, not knowing what's squeaking.

For reference listen to this video, this is one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jy66ZZetRec

Gift
11-08-2022, 03:52 PM
That's pretty loud - i had noises from the exit unit before but they sounded different - another collegue had noises from a part of the bypass drive in the door and I think we had noisy bk dev units.
Sounds you tech got the machine silent, why no telling him to work step-by-step and do testruns in between - if the noise is reproduceable you will know what part was the exact cause.

The most common sound we have is banging noise due to clogged waste toner inside the ITB cleaning unit.

avecosat
11-08-2022, 04:28 PM
The noise is different when the paper goes through the upper or lower rollers of the exit I would disassemble the exit and try another unit

tech51
11-08-2022, 06:27 PM
The noise is different when the paper goes through the upper or lower rollers of the exit I would disassemble the exit and try another unit
Agreed. I think it may be the lower section idler rollers or the bushings on the exit rollers.

tsbservice
11-08-2022, 09:54 PM
I would put in another working fuser unit and see how it goes.

suomi
11-09-2022, 01:35 PM
Agreed. I think it may be the lower section idler rollers or the bushings on the exit rollers.

Agree

femaster
11-09-2022, 02:19 PM
We had a 360i just yesterday, fresh out of the box with a squeak that sounded just like that, only not as loud. It didn't have to be passing paper, as it would squeak momentarily if any of the access panels were opened and closed, which would activate the fuser drive briefly. We traced the squeak down to the lower rollers in the exit/turnaround unit. The funny thing was, after we removed the finisher and RU from the machine to get better access to that area the squeak went away. Just to test, we reinstalled everything and the squeak never came back.

I'd start with lubing the bushings and idle rollers in the lower path of that unit, and that will most likely resolve your noise.

Custom Search