PDA

View Full Version : PC417 Jams

Custom Search

DAR
11-09-2022, 02:43 PM
I have multipe PC417s with J1405 and J1740 Jams from tray 4. Adding more pressure to the right door transport idlers has worked for the 1740 Jams.
The 1405 jams are paper separation issues. Usually two sheets or more together. Replacing the feed units or replacing/cleaning the rollers doesn't cure the issue. KM says it's the paper but it runs from other trays fine. They also had me bend the sep roller frame for more pressure but limited success with that.

Any one else seeing this?

BR549
09-05-2023, 09:02 PM
I have multipe PC417s with J1405 and J1740 Jams from tray 4. Adding more pressure to the right door transport idlers has worked for the 1740 Jams.
The 1405 jams are paper separation issues. Usually two sheets or more together. Replacing the feed units or replacing/cleaning the rollers doesn't cure the issue. KM says it's the paper but it runs from other trays fine. They also had me bend the sep roller frame for more pressure but limited success with that.

Any one else seeing this?
Yes, I've been seeing this quite a bit lately. I too have had success with tightening the door latch pressure, but not today. I also have fixed it by cleaning the vertical feed rollers, but then they just call back a week later with same problem. J1740. Today nothing I did would get a sheet out of T4. New rollers in T4. Stretched springs behind lower vertical pressure rollers. Cleaned vert feed rollers. Anybody got a fix for this? Paper makes it just past the first vertical feed roller but not to the next sensor. Thanks.

DAR
09-06-2023, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=BR549;2467581]Yes, I've been seeing this quite a bit lately. I too have had success with tightening the door latch pressure, but not today. I also have fixed it by cleaning the vertical feed rollers, but then they just call back a week later with same problem. J1740. Today nothing I did would get a sheet out of T4. New rollers in T4. Stretched springs behind lower vertical pressure rollers. Cleaned vert feed rollers. Anybody got a fix for this? Paper makes it just past the first vertical feed roller but not to the next sensor. Thanks.[/QUOTE

are there skid marks on the paper? Try holding the door closed tighter and feed a sheet. I have replaced the first jam sensor in the feed unit and spring clutch in the first transport roller. I have been replacing almost all of the separation rollers with the ribbed take up roller.
Good luck!

BR549
09-07-2023, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=BR549;2467581]Yes, I've been seeing this quite a bit lately. I too have had success with tightening the door latch pressure, but not today. I also have fixed it by cleaning the vertical feed rollers, but then they just call back a week later with same problem. J1740. Today nothing I did would get a sheet out of T4. New rollers in T4. Stretched springs behind lower vertical pressure rollers. Cleaned vert feed rollers. Anybody got a fix for this? Paper makes it just past the first vertical feed roller but not to the next sensor. Thanks.[/QUOTE

are there skid marks on the paper? Try holding the door closed tighter and feed a sheet. I have replaced the first jam sensor in the feed unit and spring clutch in the first transport roller. I have been replacing almost all of the separation rollers with the ribbed take up roller.
Good luck!

No skid marks. I tightened the door latch. I'll try pushing the door tighter. I ordered a T4 feed unit. Thanks.

BR549
09-07-2023, 10:05 PM
Well the T4 paper feed assy fixed it. Something was changed on it since the part # was updated to end with 11.

Markks
09-08-2023, 01:33 AM
Might be the torque limiter for the separation roller

Speedy
09-08-2023, 09:28 PM
KM put out a bulletin about a change in parts for the PC-417 for jamming.
The bulletin # is 13443.

BR549
09-09-2023, 12:07 AM
The bulletin # is 13443.
Thanks! I didn't know that. I'm definitely gonna look that up right now.

MrPeAsE
10-17-2023, 08:53 PM
The bulletin # is 13443.

What gym codes is this for I called Konica today and asked about it they were not very helpful.

EarthKmTech
02-22-2024, 07:08 PM
I'm having a number of these trays all with the 1740 jam from tray 4, the accessory version and the standard version on C750i now, its not jamming or slipping on the paper. The actual transport motor is stalling. You can hear it stall at the point the paper reaches the first transport rollers out of tray 4. On affected machines you will only get 20 - 50 pages out at a time between stalls, you may also have the motor stall error code but not always. Replacing the motor has fixed it in a number of cases and others, motor and the board together.

Be interested to hear if your other cases motor stall was audible at the jam event. It is unmistakable and quite loud.

The transport motor needs to have enough torque to counteract the resistance offered by the tray 4 separation roller directly, whereas from tray 3 feeding is much easier for it.

In my cases there is not noticeable difference in resistance when compared to any other tray, and some are still low page count in all original configuration with factory rollers etc.

DAR
02-22-2024, 08:38 PM
I'm having a number of these trays all with the 1740 jam from tray 4, the accessory version and the standard version on C750i now, its not jamming or slipping on the paper. The actual transport motor is stalling. You can hear it stall at the point the paper reaches the first transport rollers out of tray 4. On affected machines you will only get 20 - 50 pages out at a time between stalls, you may also have the motor stall error code but not always. Replacing the motor has fixed it in a number of cases and others, motor and the board together.

Be interested to hear if your other cases motor stall was audible at the jam event. It is unmistakable and quite loud.

The transport motor needs to have enough torque to counteract the resistance offered by the tray 4 separation roller directly, whereas from tray 3 feeding is much easier for it.

In my cases there is not noticeable difference in resistance when compared to any other tray, and some are still low page count in all original configuration with factory rollers etc.

There is a bulletin for a belt tensioner update under c750i but I have added it on c650i for the loud noise and jam.

Custom Search