PDA

View Full Version : C224e bypass tray size detection

Custom Search

jwai
11-09-2022, 04:26 PM
Hello,

One C224e cannot display correct paper size on bypass tray with auto detect mode, performed manual tray adjustment of service mode have NG result on max width.
I replaced new VR of bypass tray and performed that adjustment however same result occurred, which part may have problem?

blackcat4866
11-09-2022, 08:36 PM
Are you following the procedure exactly in the manual?

A common mistake when doing this adjustment is to use fully closed and fully open as the adjustment points. The manually specifies exact millimeter widths that the guides must be set to for the adjustment to work.

I struggled with a PRESS1052 on this adjustment. The manual and the display (with the current level of firmware) BOTH showed an incorrect millimeter widths for the side guide adjustment for tray #2. Only by accident did I notice that the measurements did not match the measurements for setting the other trays.

I was on the phone for 90 minutes with a tech, because when I told him to set the side guide to 297mm, he set the guide to fully open (again and again and again). So then he asks me how big is 297mm? (imagine me suppressing a scream:eek::mad::eek::mad:). =^..^=

tmmdmmm
11-10-2022, 02:26 AM

A common mistake when doing this adjustment is to use fully closed and fully open as the adjustment points. The manually specifies exact millimeter widths that the guides must be set to for the adjustment to work.

I struggled with a PRESS1052 on this adjustment. The manual and the display (with the current level of firmware) BOTH showed an incorrect millimeter widths for the side guide adjustment for tray #2. Only by accident did I notice that the measurements did not match the measurements for setting the other trays.

I was on the phone with a tech for 90 minutes with a tech, because when I told him to set the side guide to 297mm, he set the guide to fully open (again and again and again). So then he asks me how big is 297mm? (imagine me suppressing a scream:eek::mad::eek::mad:). =^..^=

At the very least, techs seem to forget the platen glass has all the measurements they need. Just mark them on a piece of paper

blackcat4866
11-10-2022, 03:11 AM
At the very least, techs seem to forget the platen glass has all the measurements they need. Just mark them on a piece of paper

... I did mention that. =^..^=

rrrohan
11-10-2022, 04:26 AM

297mm x 110mm

I have a piece of 300GSM card cut into a small section with those measurements in my tool kit for this.

Surprising how many techs do the max and min and not the measured distances

jwai
11-10-2022, 05:26 AM

I was on the phone for 90 minutes with a tech, because when I told him to set the side guide to 297mm, he set the guide to fully open (again and again and again). So then he asks me how big is 297mm? (imagine me suppressing a scream:eek::mad::eek::mad:). =^..^=

I followed service manual, max width is 297mm and min width is 110mm.

jwai
11-10-2022, 05:29 AM
I placed one A4 crosswise paper for max width, than folded one 110mm paper for min width.
After replaced VR, got several times adjustment, NG on max and OK on min.

rrrohan
11-10-2022, 09:15 AM
I placed one A4 crosswise paper for max width, than folded one 110mm paper for min width.
After replaced VR, got several times adjustment, NG on max and OK on min.

from memory there is a arrow on the gear you need to align

Custom Search