PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 4422 Pulling Multiple pages while printing

Custom Search

jwhitesymquest
11-16-2022, 03:28 PM
Good morning,

I have an issue with a Bizhub 4422 (Konica) that, when using recycled paper, pulls additional pages through the paper path. It works fine with regular paper. I would say just have the client use regular paper rather than recycled, but they have a contract (county government account) to buy recycled paper for use in all their machines. I have replaced the separation roller, checked the tray (tried new one), changed media and tray settings to reflect the use of recycled paper (as well as adjusted different weight and texture options) and it did not resolve the issue. This machine has such a small paper path. Ihe drive assembly is driving, and the pick roller clutch is picking. Those are the only things I have not replaced yet (although Konica has advised me to replace the drive and then the clutch). I do not believe it to be a logic issue (boards), but a mechanical one. Have any of you run into this before, or have any suggestions aside from what I am already doing and have tried? Thanks in advance!

Josh
Symquest Group (A Konica Minolta Co.)
Field Service Technician

techsxge
11-16-2022, 03:43 PM
Set the proper media in print driver...
There are differences between normal paper and Recycled Paper. Also might need to tell the machine directly that it is using recycled paper instead of the usual one

jwhitesymquest
11-16-2022, 03:49 PM
Set the proper media in print driver...
There are differences between normal paper and Recycled Paper. Also might need to tell the machine directly that it is using recycled paper instead of the usual one

It happens also when scanning a document and printing multiple pages

techsxge
11-16-2022, 03:53 PM
It happens also when scanning a document and printing multiple pages
Second Part of my answer still applies.

jwhitesymquest
11-16-2022, 03:55 PM
Second Part of my answer still applies.

I did that already, as well as different weights and textures for the paper to no avail.

blackcat4866
11-16-2022, 08:06 PM
Is there a mechanical page separation adjustment in the tray/DF?

Something like this:

=^..^=

allan
11-16-2022, 11:02 PM
Its a brother machine engine. They are normal solid. You are struggling with specification limitation. Good luck.
Wrong I am its a Lexmark. Shame on me. I have got nothing.

Hansoon
11-17-2022, 08:40 AM
Is there a mechanical page separation adjustment in the tray/DF?

Something like this:

=^..^=

And I always wondered why that cute white ring sits over there.....
Thanks Cat!

Hans

jwhitesymquest
11-17-2022, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=blackcat4866;2250923]Is there a mechanical page separation adjustment in the tray/DF?

Something like this:

This particular machine does not have a separation roller or sep pad. Only in the bypass tray. But not where it feeds out of tray 1

cayyell
11-17-2022, 01:52 PM
And I always wondered why that cute white ring sits over there.....
Thanks Cat!

Hans

Now i know too, haha

but what exactly does it solve? thin paper? taking two paper at once?

blackcat4866
11-17-2022, 03:59 PM
Now i know too, haha

but what exactly does it solve? thin paper? taking two paper at once?

Increasing spring pressure on roller separation DECREASES page separation. Think of it this way: Increased spring pressure on the separation roller causes the separation roller to follow the feed roller more, letting more paper through.

Decreasing spring pressure on roller separation INCREASES page separation. Decreased spring pressure on the separation roller causes the separation roller to slip against the feed roller, letting less paper through.

I've had good luck substituting slightly weaker or slightly stronger springs to get the desired effect (just don't lose the original spring or alter it like cutting or stretching, you might need to put it back later).

This all being said, the EXACT OPPOSITE is true for pad separation.
=^..^=

tsbservice
11-18-2022, 10:26 AM
Its a brother machine engine. They are normal solid. You are struggling with specification limitation. Good luck.
Wrong I am its a Lexmark. Shame on me. I have got nothing.
Yeah, this is Lexy style machine...sigh.
Indeed it seems another paper should be tested.

blackcat4866
11-18-2022, 03:27 PM
Yeah, this is Lexy style machine...sigh.
Indeed it seems another paper should be tested.

Not much that you can do with the Lexmark feed mechanism. No adjustment. It works great with 60 to 90 gsm media. Others are hit & miss. =^..^=

tsbservice
11-18-2022, 06:26 PM
Not much that you can do with the Lexmark feed mechanism. No adjustment. It works great with 60 to 90 gsm media. Others are hit & miss. =^..^=

You tell me. We took a client with some Lexmark fleet and sell them Brothers and Konicas for A3.
We take all their old Lexy equipment. Surprisingly few of them were with pretty darn good counters(respect) but otherwise we have bad experience with the rest some of them were very low counters with very nasty problems. I feel no way to like this style of machines if not Brother origin but I am a little biased of course :cool:

emujo2
11-18-2022, 06:49 PM
You are in a bad position with almost no way out..Yes, the government mandates that many agencies use recycled paper, and they have no choice, and KM is aware of this..The problem is there is some really bad quality paper out there..KM only recommends Domtar recycled for these desktop printers. If you are a dealer or direct you can have the customer give you several cases of this paper and ship it up to ESS to get it evaluated. They might be able to recommend a setting or even come out with an update that will allow this, but IMHO, you will find this poor quality paper just cannot overcome the friction to separate 2 sheets properly. If they are willing to get the paper tested maybe go that route and in the meanwhile give them 2-3 reams of decent paper, if they can't work with you then dump them. E

blackcat4866
11-18-2022, 07:22 PM
You tell me. We took a client with some Lexmark fleet and sell them Brothers and Konicas for A3.
We take all their old Lexy equipment. Surprisingly few of them were with pretty darn good counters(respect) but otherwise we have bad experience with the rest some of them were very low counters with very nasty problems. I feel no way to like this style of machines if not Brother origin but I am a little biased of course :cool:

There's a niche for these machines: 75gsm plain good quality paper and nothing else. =^..^=

Custom Search