PDA

View Full Version : 284e skew both trays

Custom Search

buzz
11-16-2022, 04:08 PM
I'm primarily a Sharp and Kyo speaking tech but dabble in other manus like Konica as well...

Old 284e with no more than 200K total

Tried to play with loop adjustments on both trays, still skews on both trays.

my observation goes to reg clutch next...

any feedback or suggestions?

SimoneCariz
11-16-2022, 04:33 PM
hi,
I would try to check the registration roller, it often happens that the bushings get hard!

allan
11-16-2022, 04:34 PM
It could be that the side door is out of alignment. Check there are marks close to the hinges that should line up or be adjusted if needed.
Are you getting J2002 J3003 or J9XXX jams in the jam history. Same as the Kyo event log.

allan
11-16-2022, 04:51 PM
If you feed a page in under the reg roller and tug on both sided is the pressure the same on both sides?

buzz
11-16-2022, 05:19 PM
If you feed a page in under the reg roller and tug on both sided is the pressure the same on both sides?

ah yes, forgot about that check, will try that when I return to site..thanks!

Markks
11-17-2022, 02:49 AM
I'm primarily a Sharp and Kyo speaking tech but dabble in other manus like Konica as well...

Have you tried printing out internal pages such as meter page to see if that is skewed also. if internal prints aren't skewed then you have an optical skew.
If only skewed on copies have you tried placing original on glass and check for skew?

buzz
11-17-2022, 02:57 AM
Have you tried printing out internal pages such as meter page to see if that is skewed also. if internal prints aren't skewed then you have an optical skew

yes thanks for checking

Markks
11-17-2022, 03:41 AM
If I'm not mistaken I think there are three latch points on the side door. Try holding door closed and see if it still skews. One of the latches might be broke

buzz
11-17-2022, 04:54 AM
If I'm not mistaken I think there are three latch points on the side door. Try holding door closed and see if it still skews. One of the latches might be broke

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried pushing up on the door at different spots and pressure, but it still skewed. The latches were intact.

cayyell
11-17-2022, 01:21 PM
I know this sounds silly, but what I had experience when customer called that their prints/copies are skew usually cause by improper position of the paper.

they like to slide the paper guide in the paper tray, reload the paper and close it. which created spacing between the paper and the paper guide which cause the paper to skew even before the registration. but i guess this could be just

another case i had was because of the feeding unit.

Did you tried to open the side door while the paper is printing? open the door to check if when paper is skew at the registration or before or after.

buzz
11-17-2022, 03:00 PM
I know this sounds silly, but what I had experience when customer called that their prints/copies are skew usually cause by improper position of the paper.

they like to slide the paper guide in the paper tray, reload the paper and close it. which created spacing between the paper and the paper guide which cause the paper to skew even before the registration. but i guess this could be just

another case i had was because of the feeding unit.

Did you tried to open the side door while the paper is printing? open the door to check if when paper is skew at the registration or before or after.

excellent troubleshooting tips, I did these as well. thx

Markks
11-18-2022, 01:23 AM

Just for kicks I would try to see how it runs from the bypass tray and other paper sizes/ orientation from trays 1&2

Custom Search