PDA

View Full Version : Strange streaks coming on paper

Custom Search

diwakar
11-17-2022, 09:55 AM
hi all

we have changed all the 4 drums, charging rollers, sponge rollers, developer, image transfer belt, cleaning blades of image transfer belt as well as of drums, but these streaks are not going.

we are using original toner and developer.

we have attached the image and the issues are circled red, input is bypass, short side of the sheet entered first.

machine: km c258

ps: ignore other marks, they are appearing because the sheet is scanned. also, the alphabets in bottom left are due to print on the back side of the sheet, which appear at the time of scanning.

any help would be much appreciated. thanks

elmaligno
11-17-2022, 12:29 PM
hi all

we have changed all the 4 drums, charging rollers, sponge rollers, developer, image transfer belt, cleaning blades of image transfer belt as well as of drums, but these streaks are not going.

we have attached the image and the issues are circled red, input is bypass, short side of the sheet entered first.

ps: ignore other marks, they are appearing because the sheet is scanned. also, the alphabets in bottom left are due to print on the back side of the sheet, which appear at the time of scanning.

If you change developer, it means only powder or developing unit complete? Black or all colours?

diwakar
11-17-2022, 12:32 PM
If you change developer, it means only powder or developing unit complete? Black or all colours?

new units

elmaligno
11-17-2022, 12:44 PM
new units

Possibly you have a bad fuser belt, it is necessary to determine if the fault is repeated periodically, but something similar happened to me and it was that belt.

copyman
11-17-2022, 12:51 PM
So you are using aftermarket drums, blades, charge & cleaning rollers instead of complete units? These parts are not available separately from Kon/Min so must be aftermarket. First I would look at the black drum unit specifically the charge roller. Second, pull the transfer belt and see if the mark is on belt.

blackcat4866
11-17-2022, 04:43 PM
What is the distance between the occurrences in millimeters? Whatever that number is:

distance/3.14159265=diameter of the roller causing the issue

It gets a little more complicated with the developing roller, since it usually counter-rotates with respect to the drum. But for everything else, this formula works nicely. =^..^=

copyman
11-17-2022, 07:11 PM
What is the distance between the occurrences in millimeters? Whatever that number is:

distance/3.14159265=diameter of the roller causing the issue

It gets a little more complicated with the developing roller, since it usually counter-rotates with respect to the drum. But for everything else, this formula works nicely. =^..^=

Would be nice if K/M had a defect ruler like HP and some other OEM's have.

tsbservice
11-17-2022, 07:26 PM
The distance between marks varies.
Author, why you're doing tests SEF and from bypass?

copyman
11-17-2022, 08:12 PM
QUOTE: The distance between marks varies.
Author, why you're doing tests SEF and from bypass?

I saw the defects on sample weren't perfectly spaced apart and posted my opinion on what was causing them.

My comment about a defect ruler was in general to help when defects were evenly spaced apart.

Markks
11-17-2022, 08:15 PM
You might have more than on crack in the fuser belt

JasonSBE
11-18-2022, 12:22 AM
I'm also leaning toward fusing unit. The good news is that normally you can see any cracks or indents in the fusing roller so you don't need to replace it necessarily in order to identify if there is an issue.

DoomedManzz
11-18-2022, 01:44 AM
hi all

Looks to me like a fuser belt, have you tried testing a new fuser in the machine? or do you have a machine you are able to put the fuser into and see if this is the issue? I have seen this once before on a KM 224, judging by the spacing and repeating pattern it would have to be the belt.

Best of luck to you http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.png

Custom Search