PDA

View Full Version : Konica/Minolta 454 document feeder hinge pounting trouble

Custom Search

jper34
11-17-2022, 03:22 PM
Hello,
curious if there is tech pub, or info regarding left hinge troubles. The hinge seems o.k., I was able to get x2 screws, for the hinge to mount, but the plastic that it mounts to, on document frame is just stripped. It's holding on , for now, but is the fix the whole frame?
any help or suggestions, appreciated..Thanks
Jaime
Indep. Copier Svc.

KMFLT3CH
11-17-2022, 03:46 PM
I've come across a handful of these, all 4/4e. The left rear frame where the hinge mounts to just crumbles to pieces from repeated open/closing especially if in a humid environment like a warehouse. You end up with a large gap and jamming when feeding originals (or sever skewing).

I don't think replacing the entire plastic frame is doable, I've ended up just swapping out 4 old feeders with recycled/off lease ones.

tmmdmmm
11-18-2022, 01:41 AM
I've come across a handful of these, all 4/4e. The left rear frame where the hinge mounts to just crumbles to pieces from repeated open/closing especially if in a humid environment like a warehouse. You end up with a large gap and jamming when feeding originals (or sever skewing).

I don't think replacing the entire plastic frame is doable, I've ended up just swapping out 4 old feeders with recycled/off lease ones.

It is possible but it depends on how you value your time. First time doing it I'd plan for about 2 hours, even though realistically it shouldn't take more than one. Its not terrible, but for a customer machine if you have some parters you might as well swap the entire thing. If you're ordering, you might as well get the white platen sheet as well; they can be difficult to remove without damaging.

Reed
11-18-2022, 02:06 AM
Order a Frame and replace it. If that screw never tightens then the frame is starting to crack. Just like anything, the first time takes the longest. It really isn't that difficult

Custom Search