PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-280/360 series, one customer, two machines, two problems, three questions :)

Custom Search

Hansoon
11-17-2022, 06:18 PM
Went today to a customer because they have a scan issue with their BH-C-280. Suddenly they face the problem that date and time of their SMB scans are all the same, all 2017 something. This makes it hard to sort the scans by date later on.

Question 1: I cannot imagine at all that the machine plays here a role, so I'm sure this is an IT issue for their IT-goof. Date and Time of the machine has been checked of course and are OK. What do you think?

Question 2: In the process of the above mentioned testing I tried to make a new registration in the adress book but was able only to enter SMB targets. New FTP targets are visible in PageScope but they do not show up in the machines display. Do you guys have ever seen this? I'll go there Monday with firmware and hope this solves the problem. Any other ideas?

Question 3: In the other machine, a BH-C-360, I installed a new K-Drum and wanted to do the regular calibration but when doing the usual procedure servicemode>ImaginProcessAdjustments> there's no "GradiationAdjust" button. Other buttons are there. Any idea what could be wrong? Monday I will do a firmware update here too. Parts are not over-life. Any hints please?

Hans

blackcat4866
11-17-2022, 06:27 PM
Q(3): Sometimes it just takes a re-boot to get menu buttons to appear. It certainly couldn't hurt to do firmware. Are there any errors stored that might interfere with running gradation? =^..^=

davidmtupper
11-17-2022, 09:16 PM
Have their IT check the time/date on the server where the scans end up. That should be where the time stamp of the file is generated. If it's that far off then they are likely to be having other issues as well.

On the address book entries, make sure that favorites is checked, and see if you can search them on the copier. If that's not it I have no idea why they don't show up.

In both cases it's time to start looking at new machines, both went end of life almost 3 years ago.

techsxge
11-17-2022, 10:22 PM
Q1: If the initial date and time setting of the machine are correct but on job history it is wrong, it should be a Machine Problem to solve with firmware. If the "File created Time" on a PC is wrong, it is most likely an issue with their timeserver.

Q2: If you disable FTP Protocol on the MFP, you can still set new Registrations for FTP Scan but are not able to view them in Scan menu. Maybe theyre just not on the favourites page?

Q3: Reseating the Drum Unit should solve this. Maybe it is aftermarket Drum Unit and Chip is bad. Change it if possible

As Blackcat said, rebooting might do the trick for your Problems already. We tell the Customer always do: "10 Minuten Stromlos machen und dann wieder einschalten" before any tech of us will even stick his head into the Problem.
Thing is, with waiting those 10 Minutes the Machine can completely power off and let go of all "left over" power too. Pushing the Power button while having the machine disconnect from the outlet also does the trick but is not recommended on all machines so we just tell them to wait it out.

tsbservice
11-18-2022, 12:04 PM
Question 3
Grad/Dev AC Bias V Selection
(1) Use
• To change the setting of the development AC voltage.
• When this function is turned ON, it decreases the development AC voltage, thereby preventing voltage leak from occurring.
• Use when patches of white occur in the image in an ambience of low atmospheric pressure, such as in high altitudes.
• If ON is set, the screen doesn't display [Service Mode] → [Imaging Process Adjustment] → [Gradation Adjust] and the Gradation Adjust is
not allowed.

Have a great weekend :)

emujo2
11-18-2022, 03:08 PM
1. You are not clear on if the time problem is on both machines..If so, I would suspect a setting outside the copier is adding the date time, if only 1 then you may have a NVRAM battery issue. It died and the time reset in service mode.
2. If any form of authentication is in use you may have restricted what a user can access, could also be a problem with the HDD. Back up your data and do a logical format. E

occus
11-18-2022, 03:40 PM
Question 3
Grad/Dev AC Bias V Selection
(1) Use
• To change the setting of the development AC voltage.
• When this function is turned ON, it decreases the development AC voltage, thereby preventing voltage leak from occurring.
• Use when patches of white occur in the image in an ambience of low atmospheric pressure, such as in high altitudes.
• If ON is set, the screen doesn't display [Service Mode] → [Imaging Process Adjustment] → [Gradation Adjust] and the Gradation Adjust is
not allowed.

Have a great weekend :)

The old rabbits http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png
Great weekend!

tsbservice
11-18-2022, 05:11 PM
The old rabbits http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png
Great weekend!

I may getting old indeed but my spirit is fast as a rabbit :D

As for the weekend it's coming, same to you brother :)

Custom Search