PDA

View Full Version : C450i + FS-533 + PK-519

Custom Search

elmaligno
11-21-2022, 05:07 PM
I have a c450i with FS-533 and PK-519. It jams all the sheets in the PK, with jam code J72-70, which indicates jam in the PK.
The thing is that I have put that PK in another copier and it works fine, I have put it with another FS-533 and it also works fine, but when I put it back in the C450i, it does not pass any sheet, it jams with the code j72-70.
That is to say, I have already changed the FS-533 on which the PK depends and it jams, but in another machine, it always works fine.
The c450i has correctly activated the PK in service mode, and the furmware updated.
In short: Any FS-533 + PK-519 jams me in the C450i, even if I'm not punching, just passing the paper. But on any other copier, it doesn't fail.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

tsbservice
11-21-2022, 05:44 PM
Colleague has something similar on another machine think it was C227, nevertheless it turns out salesman didn't purchase option kit for this combo of finisher and punch kit. I would double check configuration documents on this model.

elmaligno
11-21-2022, 05:54 PM
Colleague has something similar on another machine think it was C227, nevertheless it turns out salesman didn't purchase option kit for this combo of finisher and punch kit. I would double check configuration documents on this model.

Thanks but they are ok, MK necessary is installed.

tsbservice
11-21-2022, 06:25 PM
So problem stays with that machine not with FS or PK(which are working on another machine)?
Maybe you can see if downgrade of firmware will change something?

tech51
11-21-2022, 07:20 PM
I had this a couple of weeks ago on c450i. I came to the conclusion it was a timing error between the main body exit and the finisher. I ended up lubricating the main body exit roller bushes and the code didn’t reappear after a long test whereas before it was nearly every print.

Might be an idea to try this and let us know if it helps or if I just got lucky.

blackcat4866
11-21-2022, 07:51 PM
On the larger Konica Minolta finishers there is a calibration for the paper sensors in the punch. If there is a similar calibration, you should see it in the setup manual.

It appears that the FS-533 is compatible, requiring the MK-607 fan kit.

I did not see a calibration setting for the FS-533 or PK-619. On the production Konica engines, it will come up as Finisher Adjustment > Stapler (Punch) Adjustment > Paper Edge Sensor Adj.

I don't know if that helps or not. =^..^=

trscolin
11-22-2022, 06:17 AM
There are some different versions of the FS533. Recent C450i came with A2YUWY3. 8 series with WY2

Maybe something to check.

copyrooks
11-22-2022, 11:06 AM
There's a konica knowledge base article regarding the fs 533 and pk 519 with that exact jam code. Turn on engine dipsw 15 restart copier and test. Had to so this to three copiers with this ongoing code. Good luck

elmaligno
11-22-2022, 02:46 PM
There's a konica knowledge base article regarding the fs 533 and pk 519 with that exact jam code. Turn on engine dipsw 15 restart copier and test. Had to so this to three copiers with this ongoing code. Good luck

I cannot find it, cand you send me that knowledge document?

tsbservice
11-22-2022, 06:15 PM
I cannot find it, cand you send me that knowledge document?

You cannot find it because it's not in European knowledge base but in US one. Different story. I believe our American and Canadian friends have their own R&D support team and don't rely only on KM engineers in Japan.
We have to work hard just to find something is already invented :cool:

emujo2
11-23-2022, 03:40 PM
I looked this up..
Engine DIP switch 15
Choice of FS-533 paper pullout control switching
• When the JAM code 72-17 occurs, it switches to ON. (When FS-533 installed)
Switch No. 15 Contents Default
OFF Controls the main body exit normally. ○
ON Increases the pullout speed when the main body exiting paper.

It looks like the change to ON is auto when J72-17 occurs, but this has no reference to J72-70. Might be worth trying anyway. E

elmaligno
11-24-2022, 07:07 AM
I had this a couple of weeks ago on c450i. I came to the conclusion it was a timing error between the main body exit and the finisher. I ended up lubricating the main body exit roller bushes and the code didn’t reappear after a long test whereas before it was nearly every print.

Might be an idea to try this and let us know if it helps or if I just got lucky.

That was the problem. Thank you all.

blackcat4866
11-24-2022, 03:01 PM

This was common on the xx8 series with the FS-533. It only jammed when the finisher was attached. The way we figured it out was that the heavy media (Thick2) which feeds out slower did not jam. The exit bushings were nearly seized. =^..^=

tech51
11-24-2022, 06:44 PM
This was common on the xx8 series with the FS-533. It only jammed when the finisher was attached. The way we figured it out was that the heavy media (Thick2) which feeds out slower did not jam. The exit bushings were nearly seized. =^..^=
Yup, that’s what gave me the idea.

Custom Search