PDA

View Full Version : Konica c368 function will not work scanner unavailable

Custom Search

DOE
11-22-2022, 07:59 PM
Konica c368 when you go to make a copy it says function will not work scanner unavailable. The machine was working fine and I checked consumables and was looking through the admin mode and service mode. Didn’t think I changed anything but now it won’t copy and gives that message. It’s possible I might have change a setting but not sure. I see where you can try trouble reset but I’m wondering that if I did change the setting if that would work. Does anybody know what I might have changed to cause this to come up when you copy. Thanks

tsbservice
11-22-2022, 08:09 PM
Go in service mode and check last error codes logged. Scanner unit may be isolated due to an error.

copyman
11-23-2022, 01:01 PM
Konica c368 when you go to make a copy it says function will not work scanner unavailable. The machine was working fine and I checked consumables and was looking through the admin mode and service mode. Didn’t think I changed anything but now it won’t copy and gives that message. It’s possible I might have change a setting but not sure. I see where you can try trouble reset but I’m wondering that if I did change the setting if that would work. Does anybody know what I might have changed to cause this to come up when you copy. Thanks

You posted "it's possible I might have changed the setting". Don't think there is anything in admin or serv modes that would isolate scanner, except "isolation set" in service mode.

Anyway go into service mode, "system 1", "problem unit isolation set" and "unset" scanner or ADF. If code comes back you will have to look at malfunction.

If all else fails you could backup data and initialize machine in service mode. This will clear all settings.

emujo2
11-23-2022, 01:46 PM
Your machine has experienced a fault that will allow you to continue to use it, but the affected system(s) must be isolated. I'm assuming you have more than 1 person in your office and that person is the one that saw the original message saying "scanner error detected, to bypass this feature press (some key)". This isolates the problem and allows other features to work ie fax/print, scan from glass, non sorted copies. Once you cycle main power the machine will go through the process again. This can only be resolved by fixing the issue and restarting. This is different than going into service mode and bypassing a feature. E

Custom Search