PDA

View Full Version : c554e startup and job receiving problems

Custom Search

malwarebuster
11-23-2022, 03:41 PM
Hello. I have a c554e unit that can copy, but will not print, and has intermittent startup problems. The machine will start up on 2/5 attempts, but will otherwise get stuck on the fins screen. When this happens, I can hear the motors initialize, and the scanner lights and motors activate when the platen is open, but the UI never comes up, and the machine never appears on the network. When the machine does come up, it will copy and scan without any issues, but will not print. When a job is sent to the printer, the blue light below the control panel turns on, and the computer sending the print job reports no errors, but the job never appears on the in progress jobs screen, or successfully prints. When I attempt to log into the machine's network interface, I cannot as it says that a job is in progress. I booted the machine to it's self test mode, and ran the full battery of self-tests, and they all passed, including SSD and Hard Drive. I am unsure what is causing this problem, and would appreciate some advice.

Thank you.

Cantechman
11-23-2022, 07:16 PM
Hello. I have a c554e unit that can copy, but will not print, and has intermittent startup problems. The machine will start up on 2/5 attempts, but will otherwise get stuck on the fins screen. When this happens, I can hear the motors initialize, and the scanner lights and motors activate when the platen is open, but the UI never comes up, and the machine never appears on the network. When the machine does come up, it will copy and scan without any issues, but will not print. When a job is sent to the printer, the blue light below the control panel turns on, and the computer sending the print job reports no errors, but the job never appears on the in progress jobs screen, or successfully prints. When I attempt to log into the machine's network interface, I cannot as it says that a job is in progress. I booted the machine to it's self test mode, and ran the full battery of self-tests, and they all passed, including SSD and Hard Drive. I am unsure what is causing this problem, and would appreciate some advice.

Thank you.

Does it have any errors on the counter in service mode? I would suspect a failing HD even though it tested ok. There should be some type of errors listed if it's not booting fully.

malwarebuster
11-24-2022, 12:44 AM
I solved this problem with a trouble reset. Printing appears to be working now, and startup is much faster.

Custom Search