PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 scan to Office 365

Custom Search

Bocian
11-25-2022, 01:27 PM
Hello everyone.

I've just run out of ideas to get this to work so I've decided it's time to reach for help.
We've go an C220 with firmware below:

I've setup scan to email back in 2018 (using created shared mailbox in Office 365) and it was working fine until somewhere around february 2022 when suddenly it stopped working.
Since then every job is ending with an error "server connection error" (of course nothing was changed on the device).

I've read how things should be set and I think that we have everything right:

[Machine] -> [Machine Setting]:
Under Administrator Registration:
Administrator Name: C220
E-mail Address: our_company@our_domain.com
Under Machine Address
Device Name: C220
E-mail Address: our_company@our_domain.com

[Network] -> [E-mail Setting] -> [E-mail TX (SMTP)]:
SMTP Server Address: smtp.office365.com
Start TLS
Port 587 (also tried 25)
Admin E-mail Address is copied from Machine Setting so it's correct
Device Mail Address: our_company@our_domain.com
SMTP Aithentication checked
User ID: our_company@our_domain.com
Password: correct password to shared mailbox

Of course on this screenshot I've changed our proper e-mail to: our_company@our_domain.com

So everything seems fine and set as should be (this setting was working for almost 4 years)

After searching for a solution I've read that there should be a checkbox by the TLS 1.2 Under [Security] -> [PKI Settings] -> [SSL Setting]
The problem is that I don't have any of SSL/TLS checkboxes:

(When I change mode using SSL/TLS to Admin and User and Encryption to AES-256 those checkboxes also don't appear - even after powercycling the machine)

I've read that maybe first I need to create self-signed certificate but here I also see diffrence comparing to one manual that I've found here on forum.
I can only chose RSA-1024,2048 and DSA-512,1024,2048:

But from one manual there should be RSA-2048_SHA-256

When I've created a certificate I've lost the ability to login to the device via web browser due to ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
I was able to download Firefox version 1.0 that didn't had problem with this so I was able to login to the device.
Even then there were no SSL/TLS checkboxes in [Security] -> [PKI Settings] -> [SSL Setting]

The created self-signed certificate automaticly was set to default one so I was unable to delete it to bring back the ability to login from newer versions of web browsers...
I've had to do a factory reset to the device to delete this certificate.

Do anyone have an idea how can we resolve the problem with scanning to O365?

Scarekrow
05-10-2023, 12:55 PM
Just read your thread and I was wondering if you ever found out what the issue was, I need to check the same for a posible sale of an C220 who will be wanting to scan to office 365.

Thanks

Gift
05-10-2023, 01:34 PM
posible sale of an C220

don't.. ;);)

Despite that it doesn't meet the encryption requirements for modern email communications there is kind of non PM/spare avaiable, the magic word is "discontinued".

copyman
05-10-2023, 10:05 PM
Just read your thread and I was wondering if you ever found out what the issue was, I need to check the same for a posible sale of an C220 who will be wanting to scan to office 365.

Thanks

See attached. Good luck

L0rdC
05-12-2023, 05:53 PM
Until last year I used hotmail with these machines for the collection of counters, but both gmail and microsoft have updated their security and stopped working without being able to solve it, with a private email and without security they work, the best long-term solution has been to create a software to collect the counters, levels of consumables and status of the machine in real time.

As they have said above, the word discontinued makes the job very difficult.

Custom Search