PDA

View Full Version : C364c locked out of Service and Web

Custom Search

FuserNoob
11-29-2022, 05:03 PM
I have a KM C364e that we replaced with a newer model
When i got it back to the shop i tried to run an initialize to wipe the machine
I cannot access Service menu and when i try to access it from a browser it just times out.
I can get to display keypad, but when i hit the 'start' button i get an error beep
The client IT dept must have locket it out
any thoughts?
THANK YOU!

emujo2
11-29-2022, 05:43 PM
There may be a job stuck in the queue. There are only a few reasons you would not be able to access service mode..This and lack of the CE password are the only reasons I can think of, and if you can't access service mode via the control panel, why would you think the web page would work. The web page can be locked out in admin mode. Look for HTTP server enabled. E

FuserNoob
11-29-2022, 05:54 PM
Job list is clear
There are 2 items in the 'needs attention' - 'preparing scan/fax' and 'preparing user box'
the machine has been powered on and the last reboot was prior to the holiday weekend

Rebooted machine again and after 15 minutes still waiting on 'preparing scan/fax' and 'preparing user box'

there are no error messages, it just seems to be stuck on those two items

Also, the 'network' option is missing in Admin mode (as are several other menu options)

blackcat4866
11-29-2022, 06:35 PM
It sounds like the HDD is wiped or removed, but still Set. =^..^=

emujo2
11-29-2022, 08:31 PM
You may also get something like this when the NIC is not pulling an IP address properly..Have you tried connecting it to a DHCP enabled network? Or, letting it come to ready with the ethernet cable disconnected?

Synthohol
11-29-2022, 08:54 PM
you can boot into trouble reset mode and see if you can access service mode from there.

FuserNoob
11-29-2022, 11:37 PM
OK..
It's getting an IP address on our LAN
I disconnected the Ethernet cable and rebooted - same issue, wont get past 'preparing scan/fax' and 'preparing user box'
I did a power-on self diagnostic, here is the result:
Check ALL
DIMM R/W Check
WORK0 OK
WORK1 OK
FILE0 OK
FILE1 OK
FILE2 OK
FILE3 OK
FILE4 OK
FILE5 OK

On Board Memory Check
R/W Check OK
Pattern Check OK

SDD Check
R/W Check OK
Pattern Check OK

HDD Check
R/W Check OK
Pattern Check OK

JasonSBE
11-29-2022, 11:52 PM
in the first post you made you said you hit the "start" button. Not sure if this was a mistype or if you're hitting the wrong button. Power the machine off, hold down reset, and power it back on. Try to enter service mode from the trouble reset screen. You have to hit stop, not start.

FuserNoob
11-30-2022, 05:57 PM
Curse these fat fingers :) - yes, i meant 'stop'
I tried accessing the service menu through trouble reset screen - no dice :(

tsbservice
11-30-2022, 07:52 PM
Curse these fat fingers :) - yes, i meant 'stop'
I tried accessing the service menu through trouble reset screen - no dice :(

Why?
Do you see CE password screen or what?

FuserNoob
11-30-2022, 08:42 PM
trouble reset screen shows, from left to right, 'AES', 'Trouble Reset' and the Keypad
i only get error beeps when i touch 'stop' or any key on the keypad

JasonSBE
12-01-2022, 12:35 AM
trouble reset screen shows, from left to right, 'AES', 'Trouble Reset' and the Keypad

There is something else going on here. Either something with the touch screen is not registering or the calibration is off or something else.... you can change the password to access service mode but not the method.

femaster
12-01-2022, 12:57 AM

Even if you get error beeps while on the trouble reset screen, go through the whole key sequence for service mode. You should then be prompted to enter the password. Enter that and you should get in.

You can only touch the service mode keys in sequence. If you press anything else before hand, or fat finger the sequence, you will need to start over by boot into the trouble reset screen again.

techsxge
12-01-2022, 08:46 AM
Even if you get error beeps while on the trouble reset screen, go through the whole key sequence for service mode. You should then be prompted to enter the password. Enter that and you should get in.

You can only touch the service mode keys in sequence. If you press anything else before hand, or fat finger the sequence, you will need to start over by boot into the trouble reset screen again.
pressing the rset utton also works for re-entering it

femaster
12-01-2022, 01:52 PM
pressing the rset utton also works for re-entering it

Thanks for that. I must have never tried pressing reset.
I know I've fat-fingered the sequence on a couple of occasions and had to start over to get it to go once that happened.

FuserNoob
12-01-2022, 03:01 PM

SUCCESS!!! - THANK YOU!!!

Custom Search