PDA

View Full Version : Scan quality

Custom Search

cpuryear
11-30-2022, 04:55 PM
We have a Bizhub 364e that is scanning the attached quality, mostly in the morning and then clears up, only to reoccur. I haven’t had this problem with other customers. Any ideas?

Synthohol
11-30-2022, 05:20 PM
humidity on the mirrors or lens?
does it do that off the glass as well or just ADF?

cpuryear
11-30-2022, 05:40 PM
humidity on the mirrors or lens?
does it do that off the glass as well or just ADF?

Only through the ADF

Synthohol
11-30-2022, 05:42 PM
if it were me i'd start with the dual scan board in the back and reseat the hdmi cable on the mfpb.

cpuryear
11-30-2022, 06:58 PM
if it were me i'd start with the dual scan board in the back and reseat the hdmi cable on the mfpb.

Thank you!

blackcat4866
11-30-2022, 07:32 PM
I thought of humidity on the CCD or mirrors ... it fits your scenario of clearing up mid-morning ... especially in an unheated space overnight, but it wouldn't look like that.

Your sample looks more like electrical interference. Maybe a poorly fitted ribbon to the CCD, or a high voltage cable lying across that ribbon. On other Konica Minoltas (read: Minolta engines) I've seen failed CCDs, especially in very high volume scanners on 754e's and 808's, but those usually code out, and clear or reset fine. Overheating seems to be the main factor there.

You may also have a recurring AC power defect ... my example is a rail mounted electrical crane shared a circuit with my MFP. Simply moving the MFP to a separate circuit solved the issue. Your power quality analyzer should pick that up right away. Just leave it on a 48 hour cycle, you should get plenty of events to examine. =^..^=

tsbservice
11-30-2022, 07:44 PM

Exactly:)

Woxner
11-30-2022, 11:00 PM
I have sern several ccd's do this in am. After being used for a bit clears up and does not code
I would replace ccd and possibly inverter pwb

SAR
12-02-2022, 07:31 PM
Bizhubd C364 wierd lines (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/164356-bizhubd-c364-wierd-lines.html)
This is one other possibility. I just had a similar problem on a C284e and replacing the printer control board fixed mine too.

Custom Search