PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di-351 + Pi-3502, Firmware issue

Custom Search

Hansoon
01-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Minolta Di-351 + Pi-3502, Firmware issue.

Trying to update the Pi-3502 controller firmware from 2.05s to version 3.07s (PS) by using the build in PageScope Light. The NIC has already the latest firmware 6.33a.
Controller is connected to my laptop by crossover cable, machine and laptop both have a fixed IP within the same range. Firewall and Antivirus are turned off. Using Firefox, the PageScope GUI appears as usual and I am able to log in with "sysadm". DHCP of the controller is turned off. Did a factory reset of the controller to be sure (SW1 bit4) and also the NIC (FACT2).

I did this before in the past few weeks with exactly the same set up as above and it worked OK. However, now as soon as I hit "restore" the browser gives a message that the connection is interrupted "by the server".

I have several controller units doing this so its hard to imagine that all of them have a faulty board. The machine I'm using for testing is a Di-251f which is the same one I used a few weeks ago successfully for another controller.

Any ideas? Am I overlooking something?

Hans

harry2007
01-30-2009, 08:28 PM
I have the some problems with some controllers. Don't worry,all your controllers are OK,but - it's about new security setting in Windows XP, SP2,SP3 ,settings that have be doned to the last windows update.
Try to another operating system or another computer (without last update)

jammer88
01-31-2009, 06:14 AM
I had to use Windows 2000 to do my Pi3502 flashes do to issues with the new browsers. Kept getting error messages. The NICS on these controllers fail often. Test by sending a constant ping and if you get a ping that drops u have a bad nic. Hope this helps.

TheOwl
02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
From my experience, there can sometimes be issues between NIC and Controller firmware. If you are having issues updating the controller firmware, try the old method of sending the firmware via a Parrallel cable.

The cable that is required is the same that is used for most older Fiery's (and some new ones too). Plug this in to the Pi3052 and your laptop, then go to you command prompt and use the following command to send the firmware through.

copy /b filename.ext lpt1

Your command prompt will have to be in the directory where the firmware file is contained.

You can then check the firmware update progress by checking the Job Status. You will see "CrE xxxx" codes appear down the bottom. Check your service manual for the correct meanings of these codes, but the last code shown will be to confirm the firmware update.

Hansoon
02-02-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks for that info Owl. What platform you suggest to use for that method? XP will do? Hans

TheOwl
02-02-2009, 09:42 PM
You should be able perform this command from any Windows platform, but normally I would be using XP or 2000 to do the job.

fireman
03-08-2009, 01:54 AM
Anybody having please for me the controller firmware version 3.07s (PS) for the Pi-3502+di-351

or please tell me where download it?

Many thanks

freman

freman@21cn.com

Hansoon
03-08-2009, 10:47 AM
You have mail :)

Hans

fireman
03-08-2009, 11:39 AM
You have mail :)

Hans

freman@21cn.com

tks

Hansoon
03-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Mail bounced back, your box is full?

Hans

fireman
03-12-2009, 05:07 AM
Mail bounced back, your box is full?

Hans

107505948@qq.com

thk

garymann
04-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Anybody having please for me the controller firmware version for the Pi-3502, di-351 or please tell me where download it?

thanks

mail: djgary@gmail.com

liuping
05-09-2009, 03:21 PM
The friend has ISWTrns version 4.0 this software
And 7272 firmware
Some friends to me
thank
E-mail: yjguliu2009@sina.com

Hansoon
05-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Babelfish?

Hans

serge dugal
05-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi.

Where could i get this firmware, also you explain to copy the file, using LPT1, do i just copy this file?

Thanks

Serge Dugal

From my experience, there can sometimes be issues between NIC and Controller firmware. If you are having issues updating the controller firmware, try the old method of sending the firmware via a Parrallel cable.

The cable that is required is the same that is used for most older Fiery's (and some new ones too). Plug this in to the Pi3052 and your laptop, then go to you command prompt and use the following command to send the firmware through.

copy /b filename.ext lpt1

Your command prompt will have to be in the directory where the firmware file is contained.

You can then check the firmware update progress by checking the Job Status. You will see "CrE xxxx" codes appear down the bottom. Check your service manual for the correct meanings of these codes, but the last code shown will be to confirm the firmware update.

TheOwl
06-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Serge,

The firmware can be updated through the web interface of the controller, but if you have issues doing this, THEN you use the 'copy' command through the command prompt.

Custom Search