PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C454 colored stripe

Custom Search

cristachecri
12-08-2022, 02:38 PM
I have a Bizhub c454 that has a problem. It removes a colored stripe that is visible on the belt and which the belt cleaning blade cannot clean. I replaced the transfer belt with a new one and the defect persists. I mention that he uses only original toners.

tsbservice
12-08-2022, 05:44 PM
Print or copy?

cristachecri
12-08-2022, 06:17 PM
both ... both copying and printing

tsbservice
12-08-2022, 06:51 PM
Did you replaced whole ITB unit or only belt?

Synthohol
12-08-2022, 07:40 PM
yeah, the cleaning blade is not doing its job from the strip of self calibration patches.
could be the whole cleaning unit clogged or a gear busted.
either way, time for a complete unit and clean the chute between the xfer belt waste exit and the WTB on the left.

blackcat4866
12-08-2022, 10:49 PM
yeah, the cleaning blade is not doing its job from the strip of self calibration patches.
could be the whole cleaning unit clogged or a gear busted.
either way, time for a complete unit and clean the chute between the xfer belt waste exit and the WTB on the left.

+1 on that. Often the spout will clog up solid & break the drive. The new belt unit will work only until it fills back up with waste toner again. =^..^=

copyman
12-09-2022, 03:17 AM
What's puzzling me is how a bad belt, blade or broken gears in the TB cleaning unit is going to put a perfectly straight band in same place every time. Just don't make sense. No other marks or toner on the page. There is always a first but I've had bad belts, blades and clogged up TB cleaning units and I've never seen anything like the samples in OP. I've had the calibration pattern not clean off belt but not perfectly straight like that!

Synthohol
12-09-2022, 03:26 AM
maybe a label chunk under the blade

copyman
12-09-2022, 03:59 AM
maybe a label chunk under the blade

Yes I've seen that as well and never perfectly straight edges. Plus the OP said he replaced trans belt with new one and still has the band. I will be very surprised if it turns out to be belt, especially since new belt was installed.

cristachecri
12-09-2022, 06:42 AM
Thank you all for the answers and I'll come back with some clarifications:
1. the itb unit is new and original
2. and with other itb units taken from other equipment, do the same
3. these perfect stripes are sometimes on both sides of the paper and if you remove itb they can also be seen perfectly on the transfer belt
The only problem that I don't understand at all is that if I rotate the transfer belt manually to erase these stripes, IT DOESN'T ERASE THEM! as if the belt cleaning blade is defective, but it's NOT BECAUSE IT'S NEW...
5 . if I still wipe these stripes with a cloth, the equipment works perfectly approx. 500 copies after which these stripes appear again, as if during the copying process it also makes those calibration patches by itself

copier tech
12-09-2022, 07:38 AM
3. these perfect stripes are sometimes on both sides of the paper and if you remove itb they can also be seen perfectly on the transfer belt
The only problem that I don't understand at all is that if I rotate the transfer belt manually to erase these stripes, IT DOESN'T ERASE THEM! as if the belt cleaning blade is defective, but it's NOT BECAUSE IT'S NEW...
5 . if I still wipe these stripes with a cloth, the equipment works perfectly approx. 500 copies after which these stripes appear again, as if during the copying process it also makes those calibration patches by itself

The fact that if you rotate the bely by hand & it doesn't clean the line off the belt is odd.

Are you using genuine Konica Minolta toner ?

copyman
12-09-2022, 01:27 PM

Thanks for update and your clarifications makes it more of a mystery... Especially
#5 makes it even more strange.

I would start with upgrading the firmware to make it an "E" machine (follow procedure in bulletin). After that would look at a board being bad?

If anything else comes to mind will post later.

cristachecri
12-09-2022, 02:11 PM

blackcat4866
12-09-2022, 02:20 PM
What's puzzling me is how a bad belt, blade or broken gears in the TB cleaning unit is going to put a perfectly straight band in same place every time. Just don't make sense. No other marks or toner on the page. There is always a first but I've had bad belts, blades and clogged up TB cleaning units and I've never seen anything like the samples in OP. I've had the calibration pattern not clean off belt but not perfectly straight like that!

It's not that cleaning problem that "creates" that line, it's the patches the laser is writing to calibrate. It's not cleaning the rest of the belt either, it's just a lot more noticeable when there is 300% fill, than when there is < 1% fill. =^..^=

tulintron
12-09-2022, 08:33 PM
You need to observe if the system that takes the toner to the Waste Toner Box is working.
If for some reason it is not, the transfer belt will accumulate toner in this part of the cleaning due to the number of patches made while using the printer.

As the ITB has been completely replaced with a new one, I would keep an eye on that part of the system.

copyman
12-09-2022, 10:38 PM
It's not that cleaning problem that "creates" that line, it's the patches the laser is writing to calibrate. It's not cleaning the rest of the belt either, it's just a lot more noticeable when there is 300% fill, than when there is < 1% fill. =^..^=

So looking at this logically, the OP is able to wipe the calibration band off the belt, doesn't clean the waste out of the trans belt cleaning unit and is able to run another 500 pages before it appears again. Please explain how this is possible?

blackcat4866
12-10-2022, 12:51 AM
How often does it calibrate (make patches?). What if those customer images had very light fill ... 3% or less?

Which is more likely?: a blocked up waste toner spout, or an MFP board randomly generating calibration patches in the middle of the image?

I think I'd start with the known issue, that's far more likely. =^..^=

copyman
12-10-2022, 03:40 AM
How often does it calibrate (make patches?). What if those customer images had very light fill ... 3% or less?

Which is more likely?: a blocked up waste toner spout, or an MFP board randomly generating calibration patches in the middle of the image?

I think I'd start with the known issue, that's far more likely. =^..^=

I was thinking the same thing about when does it calibrate. I would think it would auto calibrate when voltages change from the 2 trans belt IDC sensors as well as when coming out of sleep mode or when first turned on with main pwr sw.

I've serviced hundreds upon hundreds of the 4 & 4E series from the c224 Non E to the C754E over the last 10 years and have never seen this issue. As strange and odd as it is still think it will turn out to be something like a board. Most likely the MFP pwb

Hate to beat a dead horse but no way I can see the exact same "straight edged" calibration strip in same place every time from a clogged waste toner or clogged trans belt cleaning unit.

Hopefully the OP will post the fix. I'm always open to learning something new :confused:

Synthohol
12-10-2022, 06:58 AM
it gets on both sides usually because the belt leaves the stripe on the transfer roller and acts like a press :)

copier addict
12-10-2022, 05:47 PM
If you look closely you can see the edge erase. This means the band is being printed onto the page and it's unlikely it is a cleaning problem.

copier tech
12-11-2022, 05:44 PM
The fact that if you rotate the bely by hand & it doesn't clean the line off the belt is odd.

Are you using genuine Konica Minolta toner ?

No response to the genuine toner question ?

tsbservice
12-11-2022, 06:12 PM
I have a Bizhub c454 that has a problem. It removes a colored stripe that is visible on the belt and which the belt cleaning blade cannot clean. I replaced the transfer belt with a new one and the defect persists. I mention that he uses only original toners.

It's in initial post.

Hansoon
12-12-2022, 03:36 AM

I know that “sometimes” non-genuine toner can have its implications, but can hardly imagine that it would play a role here with this issue.
We are using since over 30 years after market toner and the only real problem was once that black aftermarket toner for the bh-C-280/360 series in certain cases of printing photos for real estate agents an offsetting of the black occurred.

Hans

cristachecri
01-12-2023, 01:29 PM

I'll come back with an update on the problem with these appearing stripes. First of all, I want to tell you that we have this problem with 3 equipment respectively = C280 / C454 / C264.
I discovered how to cause them to appear by performing stabilization several times ... the equipment stabilizes and puts those patches several times and which the itb eraser blade cI also replaced all 4 cylinders with the same result.
I also put a new itb and it's the same ... stripes that don't erase. To erase these stripes, I have to use a cloth and only with it can I get rid of these stripes.
Only original toners were used.
We decided in the end to change the development modules that are on time and are relatively young as life and surprise!!! the stripes are erased!!! What do these development modules have???

copyman
01-12-2023, 01:44 PM

I'll come back with an update on the problem with these appearing stripes. First of all, I want to tell you that we have this problem with 3 equipment respectively = C280 / C454 / C264.
I discovered how to cause them to appear by performing stabilization several times ... the equipment stabilizes and puts those patches several times and which the itb eraser blade cI also replaced all 4 cylinders with the same result.
I also put a new itb and it's the same ... stripes that don't erase. To erase these stripes, I have to use a cloth and only with it can I get rid of these stripes.
Only original toners were used.
We decided in the end to change the development modules that are on time and are relatively young as life and surprise!!! the stripes are erased!!! What do these development modules have???

As I posted I didn't think it had anything to do with the transfer belt. But I also don't think it has anything to do with developing units. And for sure not with 3 different older models all doing same thing! Just doesn't make any sense. If all 3 machines at same location I would look at environment where located, etc.
Bottom line is all us technicians can keep "guessing" what the issue is but never find the real solution. Something just doesn't add up!

cristachecri
01-12-2023, 02:05 PM
Yes... really the first thing was to think about the environment... but everything is ok and the temperature is constant. There are 3 different clients but the environment seems to be ok.

copyman
01-12-2023, 07:41 PM
Yes... really the first thing was to think about the environment... but everything is ok and the temperature is constant. There are 3 different clients but the environment seems to be ok.

I've serviced hundreds of the 3 models you listed and I've never seen it once and you have 3 machines doing same issue! This is where I would call a Priest in for an exorcism. This is so strange can only be the devils work! :rolleyes:

blackcat4866
01-12-2023, 08:45 PM
Usually when I get three machines in the same location doing the same thing, there's an enduser involved fixing something for you. Behavior issues can be very tricky to solve. First you have to figure out what they're doing, then try to figure out how to get them to stop doing it. =^..^=

copyman
01-13-2023, 12:33 AM
Usually when I get three machines in the same location doing the same thing, there's an enduser involved fixing something for you. Behavior issues can be very tricky to solve. First you have to figure out what they're doing, then try to figure out how to get them to stop doing it. =^..^=

Hey BC I was thinking that as well but OP said in his last post:

" There are 3 different clients but the environment seems to be ok."

subaro
01-13-2023, 02:17 AM
Does the machine put down calibration patches on both side of the belt or one side ?. I would run a calibration and stop it in the middle of it and look at the belt and see if there is patches on both sides of the belt. If one side is cleaning and the other side is not, then, why ?. There are voltage bias applied and removed during the cleaning of the belt, on a technical level of operation, if I recall correctly.

Some kyocera has the problem ,where the patch remains on the belt after calibration and can be seen on the paper for the first few prints. What I found was one of the contact spring that the transfer belt makes contact with on the machine [ machine side ], was out of position .

I found that solution here , where a poster "TMAGED" Posted that solution. So, it's worth a look to check the contacts. I don't know that machine, but the it is a weird one indeed.

Custom Search