PDA

View Full Version : ColorForce 8050 - Odd Print Gradients!

Custom Search

ssateren
01-31-2009, 02:35 AM
I have an 8050, 400K clicks. Just got a new drum, fresh toner, calibrated. From my publishing workstation, with photoshop, illustrator, indesign, etc, when I print this newsletter - I get odd gradients. It looks like images are printed in 512 colors. And the red is always too intense.
Whether I use a PDF, JPEG, Or print from the vector source, it's the same.

On our email computer in the front, I can print to it, and it is in full color, not grainy, considerably more accurate, but still a little subpar.

I use factory default Normal L 64 color profile provided from the konica minolta manufacturer.

I've tried CMYK emulation, no emulation, and all kinds of print driver settings.

I cannot find a difference between the Email Workstation, and the Publishing Workstation.

I've reinstalled color profiles on the Publishing Workstation.

You can look at a print-out I scanned in at http://www.termtrky.co.cc/copy%20compressed.pdf ... Just view at about 200% or so.

This is the source:
http://www.termtrky.co.cc/original.png
Except a much higher quality. I compressed it for web purposes.

Sometimes customers come in, and tell me that their $100 inkjet does a better job at printing.
Of course not as fast :]

I'm embarassed, our maintenance company has no clue.
They just tell me to calibrate against the grayscale kodak swatch.

Any help, or similar experience, is greatly appreciated!
I'm willing to pay money for this knowledge at this point. The jobs we're losing is getting me to question as to why we have this thing!

Thank you,
Sean

kmcopier
01-31-2009, 10:29 PM
what driver do you use are they on both systems the same not one PS and the other PCL (ip921).( ip901 only PS)
Also check you default expert color settings in the driver if they are the different, try import an file directly with cws and check your quailty.
uncheck the media driven profile box, and check if you calibration is correct with the profile. gr kmcopier

heyho
03-02-2009, 08:18 AM
you need to start at the machine and determine if it is printing correct or close enough densitys. if you have colour imbalance after fiery calib. then its almost certain to be the printer. Print out half tones in the service mode at about a value of a 100 and check for similar densitys youll find the magenta is the strongest and at least 1 of the others will be washed out and poor cq. be sure to give the devs a good mixing by shaking vigourously in the bag or your prblems will continue. Then you may need to dump the toner as well. see how that goes. Toner and dev cause the problems you describe whether it is immediate or 50k later

Custom Search