PDA

View Full Version : C0213 on PRESS C1060

Custom Search

blackcat4866
12-08-2022, 10:38 PM
I found out recently that this has been happening for a while. A job completes, then the machine errors out C0213. For a long time it was once a week. It has become more frequently ... now at the conclusion of every job it codes to C0213, then clears upon initialization.

PS9 uses those notoriously unreliable Sharp73 optical sensors, so I changed that first. No change.

I can test it in I/O mode 86-18 with the drawer open. When I rotate the pressure release motor until the slot aligns with the photointerrupter the output changes from "00000" to "00001". I can tug on the wiring all I want and the signal stays, so I've ruled out wiring harness & connector issues.

If I close the drawer, key the front door, and run 86-18 again the motor M37 runs continuously, and I can view the "00001" blink on for a microsecond each rotation ... not every time, but I think it's just slowness of the display that prevents me from seeing a 00001 for each rotation.

I have plenty of those sensors, three more photointerrupters responded exactly the same way.
The drive is entirely intact: no missing teeth, nothing bound up. It turns as easily as any other pulse motor.
Since the motor M37 runs flawlessly every time I test it, as long as I want, I think I can safely rule out the motor, but I ordered one anyway since it's the next cheapest thing.

That only leaves me with the drawer PWB and the PRCB. I was really hoping that would not be the cause.
Maybe firmware? It seems like a long shot.

Have I missed something obvious? =^..^=

EDIT: Just reading about the exit section one-way gears. I'm having a hard time mentally connecting them to that code, but I will look there first. =^..^=

Toxic
12-09-2022, 08:23 AM
Never seen that code on newer series but on the C5501/6501/6000 i replaced so many of that one way gears and always have one on the stock.
Try clean with alcohol inside gear and shaft , usually that works for some time without error if that is culprit.

A03U909502 PAPER EXIT GEAR /5 40T

blackcat4866
12-09-2022, 02:23 PM
Never seen that code on newer series but on the C5501/6501/6000 i replaced so many of that one way gears and always have one on the stock.
Try clean with alcohol inside gear and shaft , usually that works for some time without error if that is culprit.

A03U909502 PAPER EXIT GEAR /5 40T

Thanks Toxic. By all appearances the exit section has not changed significantly from the C6000. That will be my first stop. =^..^=

BillyCarpenter
12-09-2022, 02:57 PM
I found out recently that this has been happening for a while. A job completes, then the machine errors out C0213. For a long time it was once a week. It has become more frequently ... now at the conclusion of every job it codes to C0213, then clears upon initialization.

PS9 uses those notoriously unreliable Sharp73 optical sensors, so I changed that first. No change.

I can test it in I/O mode 86-18 with the drawer open. When I rotate the pressure release motor until the slot aligns with the photointerrupter the output changes from "00000" to "00001". I can tug on the wiring all I want and the signal stays, so I've ruled out wiring harness & connector issues.

If I close the drawer, key the front door, and run 86-18 again the motor M37 runs continuously, and I can view the "00001" blink on for a microsecond each rotation ... not every time, but I think it's just slowness of the display that prevents me from seeing a 00001 for each rotation.

I have plenty of those sensors, three more photointerrupters responded exactly the same way.
The drive is entirely intact: no missing teeth, nothing bound up. It turns as easily as any other pulse motor.
Since the motor M37 runs flawlessly every time I test it, as long as I want, I think I can safely rule out the motor, but I ordered one anyway since it's the next cheapest thing.

That only leaves me with the drawer PWB and the PRCB. I was really hoping that would not be the cause.
Maybe firmware? It seems like a long shot.

Have I missed something obvious? =^..^=

EDIT: Just reading about the exit section one-way gears. I'm having a hard time mentally connecting them to that code, but I will look there first. =^..^=

Back in the day I ran into a similar problem with PT sensors - the digital signal (high or low) was too fast for the display to keep up with. Here's the solution that I used. I don't know if it will work in your situation.

I used a logic probe with an audible signal that had a higher tone for (1) and a lower beep for (0). The advantage to this is that the logic probe can cycle the audible tones faster than the display can show it and the probe can be behind the machine while I'm operating the machine around front and lastly, I can test the machine in real time.

blackcat4866
12-09-2022, 03:41 PM
What would this logic probe look like? I've always carried around a D'Arsonval movement VOM (needle type meter) for watching phone line signals. The needle isn't necessarily quick enough to show true voltages, but you can see the twitch of the needle, whereas a digital meter just stays at "0" or blanks out for a second ... then returns at "0".

I'm assuming it can operate within the 0-5vdc range that most photointerrupters use? =^..^=

zayonc
12-10-2022, 09:31 AM
Everything is much easier. The gear clutch is slipping on the axle. Needs to be cleaned or replaced.

ysshin79
03-03-2023, 09:10 AM
The C-0213 code is mislabeled only in the C1060 service manual. It seems that the person who made the manual made a mistake.

BruJtech
03-03-2023, 06:41 PM
[Service Mode] -> [State Confirmation] -> [I/O Check Mode] -> [Output check]Select code 21, multi mode 00 ->Press START.Check/reseat the connector for M30 at Printer Control Board (PRCB) CN120.
Verify 24VDC is present on CN120-1, 2 on the PRCB
Check ICP 15 on PRB ....to see if its not open ....

GrizzlyTPK
12-19-2023, 05:25 AM
What would this logic probe look like? I've always carried around a D'Arsonval movement VOM (needle type meter) for watching phone line signals. The needle isn't necessarily quick enough to show true voltages, but you can see the twitch of the needle, whereas a digital meter just stays at "0" or blanks out for a second ... then returns at "0".

I'm assuming it can operate within the 0-5vdc range that most photointerrupters use? =^..^=

Hey Blackcat, did you ever get it fixed? Did it end up being the gear slipping?

Thank you!

blackcat4866
12-19-2023, 05:34 PM
The customer bought a new machine before it got resolved. Alas, I didn't get a resolution on this one! =^..^=

GrizzlyTPK
12-19-2023, 05:52 PM
The customer bought a new machine before it got resolved. Alas, I didn't get a resolution on this one! =^..^=

Dang customers anyway... Well for future instances if someone googles this error later on here are a few things I did that resolved without replacing the clutch:

1) Pulled apart the exit area, cleaned with air, lubed up bearings, and cleaned sensors. (this is what worked for me, lots of dust and general wear)

2) Triple quadruple check that there is no paper in weird spots. I didn't have any paper stuck, so I was lucky.

3) Replace bearings for the rubber roller: Item #A1RF517300 (you will need 2)

3a) Replace the Paper exit Roller /B (mine was really worn with cracks, but I'm not giving up on her yet. Item: #A50U890802 (you only need 1, buy with bearings)

4) Of course if all else fails replace the clutch: Item #A03U909502 (you only need 1 I believe)

Good luck!!

blackcat4866
12-19-2023, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the follow up! =^..^=

Custom Search