PDA

View Full Version : Biz C458 wireless card K212

Custom Search

Gabriel
12-13-2022, 12:02 AM
Need help to setup wireless on Bizhub C 458.
Card K212 Is installed bit can't ping it.
Is there am Easy step by step troubleshooting guide
Un services mide Is wired AND wireless check Mark
Amy hello Is welcome

copyman
12-13-2022, 02:19 AM
Need help to setup wireless on Bizhub C 458.
Card K212 Is installed bit can't ping it.
Is there am Easy step by step troubleshooting guide
Un services mide Is wired AND wireless check Mark
Amy hello Is welcome

See attached. Also there was C458 "all solutions" posted on this forum not long ago. Might be something in there.

emujo2
12-13-2022, 06:17 PM
were you able to print a config sheet with the wireless IP that was pulled in DHCP?

Gabriel
12-13-2022, 06:59 PM
copyman (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/copyman.html) thank you for the post and attachment

were you able to print a config sheet with the wireless IP that was pulled in DHCP?

Thank for your tesponse

I think so but IP was wrong ( no connected to Router) and manually assigned an IP address, DG and SM, still no ping response

I'm trying to login into the wireless router but can't edit authentication /encryption and or WEP key with customer's credential. Too many choices not sure what is the right one.

Authentication= WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK

WEP Key= WEP Key1, WEP Key2, WEP Key3, WEP Key4
Plus 4 input methods at bottom for each one

Any idea?

PS: the customer credentials are good but I don't know how to choose the right settings

emujo2
12-13-2022, 07:20 PM
Well, if you can't force the MFP to connect to the router and pull an IP, then I'm fairly certain that the one you are putting in manually will not work. Your wireless settings should be set for Wired and Wireless, and I'm pretty sure you can't see these settings unless you have the 2nd network features enabled. Once everything is correct, you should see the wireless broadcasting SSID, and you already know the other requirements. E

Gabriel
12-13-2022, 10:53 PM
Well, if you can't force the MFP to connect to the router and pull an IP, then I'm fairly certain that the one you are putting in manually will not work. Your wireless settings should be set for Wired and Wireless, and I'm pretty sure you can't see these settings unless you have the 2nd network features enabled. Once everything is correct, you should see the wireless broadcasting SSID, and you already know the other requirements. E

In Service mode + 2nd network settings Wire Wireless (Primary mode was selected),
SSID information are 12 alphanumeric digits.

I don't know what setting you need to adjust in authentication /encryption and/or WEP key to access the router's wifi

sorry if i confuse you

Synthohol
12-14-2022, 03:44 AM
i dont know why people still pay good money for copier wifi adapters.
these babys are fantastic! plug one into an outlet and a router and the other at the copier and plug in the ethernet.
it uses the power lines to piggyback the network data.
i use them all the time especially when there is no drop near where the want the copier.
as long as the company wifi is on the same subnet as wired it works for all mobile devices as well.

Amazon.com: TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Plug&Play, Power Saving, Nano Powerline Adapter, Expand Home Network with Stable Connections (TL-PA4010 KIT) : Electronics (https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-AV600-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00AWRUICG)

Hansoon
12-14-2022, 04:08 AM
these babys are fantastic! plug one into an outlet and a router and the other at the copier and plug in the ethernet.
i use them all the time especially when there is no drop near where the want the copier.
as long as the company wifi is on the same subnet as wired it works for all mobile devices as well.

Amazon.com: TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Plug&Play, Power Saving, Nano Powerline Adapter, Expand Home Network with Stable Connections (TL-PA4010 KIT) : Electronics (https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-AV600-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00AWRUICG)

Just installed these days a BH-C-284e with a similar adapter the customer had already in use. Never liked those powerline adapters because they must use the same electric phase to work well and a hardwired connection with LAN always remains my first choice. However, I was very much surprised how good and stable the connection here was. Obviously, both adapter units were hooked up to the same electric phase in this case. Printing, scanning, and web interface all were flawless and fast. The machine received instantly an IP-Address through DHCP.

Hans

emujo2
12-15-2022, 02:27 PM
In Service mode + 2nd network settings Wire Wireless (Primary mode was selected),
SSID information are 12 alphanumeric digits.

I don't know what setting you need to adjust in authentication /encryption and/or WEP key to access the router's wifi

sorry if i confuse you

SSID is the broadcasting (or hidden) name of the wireless network. You must enter the name of the wireless network here, then name/password/authentication type. If it will not connect you need to adjust the settings.

For instance, my guest network is

Vistor
user name/password
WPA/WPA2 Enterprise.
Cert not required

E

copyman
12-15-2022, 10:35 PM

My IT guy has used these a few times with copiers I've sold and they work good. I've had customers tell me it was the best $50 they ever spent for the wifi adapter, Ha-ha

adecanmin
12-16-2022, 12:07 AM
My IT guy has used these a few times with copiers I've sold and they work good. I've had customers tell me it was the best $50 they ever spent for the wifi adapter, Ha-ha

Do they come in gigabit speeds?

Synthohol
12-16-2022, 02:39 AM
Do they come in gigabit speeds?

you betcha!
Amazon.com: TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter - 2 Gigabit Ports, Ethernet Over Power, Plug&Play, Power Saving, 2x2 MIMO, Noise Filtering, Extra Power Socket for other Devices, Ideal for Gaming (TL-PA9020P KIT) : Everything Else (https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Powerline-Pass-Through-TL-PA9020P-KIT/dp/B01H74VKZU/ref=sr_1_5?c=ts&keywords=Powerline+Network+Adapters&qid=1671158357&s=pc&sr=1-5&ts_id=1194444&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.fa474cd8-6dfc-4bad-a280-890f5a4e2f90)

Gabriel
12-20-2022, 07:11 AM

Short history:
the customer bought the UK-212 Upgrade Kit at walmart, then the one who sold them the copier installed the kit but couldn't get it to work.
A client of mine recommended us to them. The first day for 2 hours I try to make it work. second day had more information about the kit, After updating the firmware it still didn't work so I disabled the card in service mode, bought the tp link and it took me about 15 minutes to install and test it. It was really easy to install it, Customer Happy, me happy.

Thank you to all for help me out

emujo2
12-20-2022, 01:51 PM
The key point here is someone managed to buy a UK121 from Walmart..I do not think so...E

Gabriel
12-20-2022, 06:45 PM
The key point here is someone managed to buy a UK121 from Walmart..I do not think so...E

It was my argument with the client, the origin and quality of the kit was doubtful.
1.- Trying to install it was going to cost an additional 2 to 4 hours of labor, without guarantee.
2.- Install TP link. 50.00 plus 1 hr labor guaranteed.

I think Walmart is like Amazon or e-bay these days.

Custom Search