PDA

View Full Version : c3110 new eBay purchase

Custom Search

E2todd
12-17-2022, 08:09 PM
Hi all, just picked up a konica minolta bizhub c3110 in nice working condition (46K total print count)

However, 3 toners are showing 1% and 3 imaging units are 14% in the "Supplies Status"

What sort of life expectancy can I expect from these current toners/IU's, like 300-500 pages or are they all pretty much gone?

Should I start collecting oem replacements, replace with compatible set, or perhaps re-fill ink & chips option?

My use case is only c.500 pages per month, so genuine toners maybe lasting year or less?

Thanks, Todd

tsbservice
12-17-2022, 08:20 PM
I would get those 3 toners OEM asap. They aren't expensive and 1% is nothing as machine is not even that accurate. Start using it get some printouts and maybe later ask again. This model isn't exactly state of the art 😂 but for home/light usage may be sufficient.

Hansoon
12-18-2022, 06:08 AM
For low volume use, a not an all too bad machine with a small footprint, not so bulky as others. We have around 6 units still in the field as rentals. Image units can be chipped to double their life. Non-OEM toner works rather good, but realize this is a “business color” machine. Not your 1st choice to print photos, though. I have one here beside me in my office to print our invoices and business correspondence with our colored logo and text. Works very well. We have the IU-Chips in stock.

Hans

copier tech
12-18-2022, 10:49 AM
Hi all, just picked up a konica minolta bizhub c3110 in nice working condition (46K total print count)

However, 3 toners are showing 1% and 3 imaging units are 14% in the "Supplies Status"

What sort of life expectancy can I expect from these current toners/IU's, like 300-500 pages or are they all pretty much gone?

Should I start collecting oem replacements, replace with compatible set, or perhaps re-fill ink & chips option?

My use case is only c.500 pages per month, so genuine toners maybe lasting year or less?

Thanks, Todd

I wasn't a fan of the old C3110 mostly made from cheap flimsy plastic, however should be good for light use.

You can set the imaging units to 'long life' that way the run to 167% before they need replacing.

EarthKmTech
12-18-2022, 01:14 PM
Hope you didnt pay much, most of these go to recycling with fairly low counts. Many were tossed in for free as sweeteners in multi large machine deals.

They are kinda crap and have long and annoying stabilization on every power on in home use situations unless you leave it switched on permanently - in which case it will die at the first opportunity when there is a power surge.

E2todd
12-18-2022, 02:05 PM
]You can set the imaging units to 'long life' that way the run to 167% before they need replacing.55928

Hey thanks for the tip and all the advice regarding toners/UIs. Presumably I'll need to enter Service Mode to access the hidden menus for longlife settings?

Yes I got it almost free locally, because I didn't want another annoying ink jet!

Unlike the previous owner, I managed to work out the Admin code (12344678) to get it to pick up a reserved IP address on my Network but I cannot enter Service Mode [stop 0 0 stop 0 1] with the 92729272 password - any tips?

Also, last night I tried leaving it switched on but was woken at 4am to hear the fans screaming away at full tilt, so will switch it off.

Now ordered a bunch of OEM toners from a guy getting rid, so looking forwards to my first personal laser printing experience even if its old and clunky :o.

Thanks again for all your help! Todd

E2todd
12-19-2022, 11:04 AM
LATEST UPDATE:

So far thanks to this forum, I've managed to work out the Service/Admin Codes (12345678 / 92729272) and set a fixed IP address reserved on my Network.

Also thanks for all the advice, I established that imaging units were already set to 'Long'

Is there any benefit in replacing toners and IUs together in pairs or just as I manage to locate them?

Last night however I was woken at 4am to the fans screaming away at full tilt (calibration?) -

Any suggestions on keeping it silent would be very much appreciated.

BTW Yes it was local pick up and super cheap but I carried it down 3 flights of narrow stairs which tested my agility!

Custom Search