PDA

View Full Version : General copy question

Custom Search

joneze
02-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi,

Right what the customer is trying to achieve is to create an A5 folded booklet. The front page is yellow paper from bypass the remaing from cassette. So we go into application select cover mode and for it to take from bypass tray.

The problem im having is that as soon and we select fold and staple the copier selts duplex 1->2 which is fine for all the pages apart from the front cover. What we need is for the yellow front cover to have page one on nothin on the inside of the yellow cover and nothin on eaither sides of the cover page at the back of the booklet.

I have tried inserting a blanks sheets which does work for the front but then pushed the remaing pages back causeing the back cover sheet being printed on.

Is there a way for the copier to do this without messing with blank sheets...etc

Hope you understand my point kinda hard to explain.

Regards
Mark

minimerlin
02-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Which model of machine are we talking about?

pepper38_cnd
02-02-2009, 10:17 PM
The easiest way might be to print all your covers first, then put them back in the bypass and set the job up the way you did originally but choose blank cover.

joneze
02-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for your reply. Maybe that is the easiest way to do it. I will see if the customer is happy with that suggestion although im not sure as he is adiment that his 7210 did this with no need for any blank inserts. It is a C650.

Regards
Mark

nmfaxman
02-03-2009, 04:01 AM
I would recommend having print on the inside covers to save one sheet of paper per book. 2 wasted clicks on the counter on ledger paper.
Having blank pages doesn't project a GREEN company.

It is also easier to program the machine.

Custom Search