PDA

View Full Version : c280 Error 11-01 - Tray 1 Jam but no paper

Custom Search

HarryBurgess
12-22-2022, 04:46 PM
I know these machines are old as they come, but I've just been messing with one.

Try to print on tray 1 but it instantly jams with no paper leaving the tray, however all the other ones work.

I've tried a new tray, new rollers on the assembly unit, a new clutch on the tray 1 assembly unit and a completely different (tried and tested) assembly unit but still no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

emujo2
12-22-2022, 07:54 PM

Tray 1 is the hardest to watch, but you need to make a couple of determinations. Are the feed rollers turning? Try slapping on something that would x fer to the paper and show they are actually trying. If the rollers are turning does the paper start to feed? If so, how far, and what is the jam code. If you just press start and you get a jam without any indication that the feed system is even trying you may have a board level problem. E

I went back and saw that you provided a jam code, and added this from our C280 DB. it's the only thing we have for tray 1 jams. E

tsbservice
12-22-2022, 08:22 PM
Replace one-way behind feed roller and clutch behind separation roller. Done.

copyman
12-22-2022, 11:27 PM
Replace one-way behind feed roller and clutch behind separation roller. Done.

The one ways were first thing that came to mind but OP said he replaced complete feed assembly with a known working assembly and still no feed so that would rule out the one ways.

As suggested you have to determine if rollers are turning. Since tray 1 is hard to see PF rollers I would mark them with magic marker and make a copy, after it jams see if marks on rollers moved. If not then check for voltage on PF clutch. You can check / energize individual components in service mode.

HarryBurgess
12-23-2022, 12:40 PM
The one ways were first thing that came to mind but OP said he replaced complete feed assembly with a known working assembly and still no feed so that would rule out the one ways.

As suggested you have to determine if rollers are turning. Since tray 1 is hard to see PF rollers I would mark them with magic marker and make a copy, after it jams see if marks on rollers moved. If not then check for voltage on PF clutch. You can check / energize individual components in service mode.

I'll give this a go, as well as look into the other suggestions and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Custom Search