PDA

View Full Version : 7035 ip421 network issue

Custom Search

kbushnz
02-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi All

Trying to get my 7035 hooked into my home network (peer to peer)
Unit was used. So reset IP-421 card per service manual.
Connected to DSL-G604T router. Initially was assigned an IP address from router (10.1.1.5) and I was able to use the WEB interface to get into the menu. (confirmed by status printout after 7035 unit power up)
Can view and edit via web interface.
I have trolled the forum for similar issues but this one has me stuck.
I have set it up via windows XP with the Add printer, local printer, config TCIP port etc etc.
Set Port number at 10000 to match ip-421.
But windows doesn't seem to see the printer.
and any jobs sent to printer just fail. (naturally)
I have noticed in my router that the DHCP clients shows my pc and others on the network but not the 7035.... It did once but doesn't show anymore.

Could this be the issue...

Note as per my previous thread I have used it with straight parallel port connection with GDI drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Calvin Tyler
NZ

copytechman
02-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Try printing to a standard tcp/ip with port set to raw: 10001 (one above the machine setting) a lot of mine are set that way... I dont know why it uses the one above the setting.

Regards!
A.

kbushnz
02-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks for that.

Didn't solve the problem...
But I have got if working.
I did two things.
1. Set my DHCP ip range in router 10.1.1.2 to 10.73.8.82.
2. Set IP in printer to 10.73.8.82
3. Noticed status print out says Port number is 10001 but web interface says its 10000.
Changed them all to 10001.

Now the printer works via the network.

I did read somewhere that it need a level 3 ip address number but I didn't know that that meant.

Thanks for all the help.

Calvin:):)

kbushnz
02-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Hi all

Thanks for the help to date.

I am wanting to spool the whole job into the copier before it prints.
At present it sends it and the copier prints it in stages, I can see the that the job is coming into the printer a few pages at a time.
I have tried all the settings in the windows driver setting.
I have set the IP-421 to spool (use its onboard HDD)
I would like to have it perform the same as when a document is in the ADF and it scans all the pages before it runs the prints off.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Calvin
Happy Kiwi:p

pepper38_cnd
02-03-2009, 10:48 PM
It will not spool the whole job before printing unless it has to for example booklet mode would require the whole job before starting to print or if the machine was busy making a long copy run. Even copying from the df it will not scan all originals before starting to print unless it has to, or you use the scan button which is really there so you can add originals that can't be put thru the df. If you really want the whole job spooled before it prints use password print, the job will sit on the HDD until you go to the machine and enter the password.

kbushnz
02-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Hi
Thanks for that.
I was thinking along the same lines....
But just had to ask.

I will try the password option and see how it plays out.

Thanks
Calvin
NZ Kiwi

RLmonitor
11-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I am trying to install a 7035+IP-421 on our network. My router can see the mac address but I can't find a way to set the IP address. Any suggestions?

Custom Search