PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7022 error codes

Custom Search

ktuttle
02-03-2009, 03:40 AM
We have the Konica 7022 in our church. Months ago we had an external power problem from the electric company. When turned on, the ladies found the error: F 36 2 and to call for service. Tried another forum and was told to hold down 25 while you turn on the machine, then the menu screen will display list, use ^ and V key to "select dip switch 3 pick bit 1 then change value 1 to 0" turn off power and back on, it will reset for you. I got everything except realizing there is a format to selecting the dip switch sequence and which bit I'm looking for.
I advanced through the screen and thought I selected the 3rd one and then changed the only 1 in the string to a 0.....then powered off/on and got the new error F-51-4. Looking for advice.

tech51
02-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Sounds like the power supply problem has blown a fuse on one of the electronic boards in the machine. I think you will need a technician to repair it.

albano
02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Hello, I think is a drive motor failure, or a board motors controller, a technician is necessary for this case, do you add toner before the problem occurs ?

fixthecopier
02-03-2009, 10:45 PM
They are correct. You should not have been given the code to change the dip switch. An end user could get lost in there. Call a tech.

ktuttle
02-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Gentlemen,
I believe I have undone what was originally suggested on another forum, and now I am back to the F-36-2 error, call for service.
If it is a power board problem, can I get to it through some access door? Could I be looking for a faulty, replaceable device?
Regards,
Kevin

copytechman
02-14-2009, 03:19 AM
I would concurr, you should contact a technician, it could be a bum thermistor in the fuser, the printer board or power supply, none of which are replaceable by the end user.
The other error code was basically a motor failure code. (Dev motor by the book), so it could also be a motor failure! Yes you need a tech!
Regards!
A.

Zoren
02-14-2009, 06:01 AM
stick to your original problem. u said it already that there was a power problem... konica model does not bust its thermistor or its board that easily in a simple power surge.. your power spike created that f36-2 error code... go back again from that software switch and reset...

otherwise let a photocopier tech'n do it for u... its better to pay a service charge than add more problem to it:eek:......

ktuttle
02-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Gentlemen,
Thanks for your replies.
Going to call the closest equipment service which is over an hour away.
Probably end up taking it to them and save a little there.
We are back to the original f 36 2 error.
Regards....

Zoren
02-14-2009, 03:31 PM
yeah you do that... better take it to them.. or they will charge extra for out of town service calls...:)

ktuttle
02-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Gentlemen,
I had to visit with one of the ladies at church and have more accurate details.
Seems there was a paper jam and the jam was cleared by pulling the paper out, instead of a more civilized procedure. Thus the f 36 2 error code.

Called local service for this part of the state, and they have no one with any experience on "this old of a machine". And no parts to service this unit.

Anybody with any suggestions?
Regards....

Zoren
02-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Anybody with any suggestions?

re-read your thread starter..... that info about resetting F36-2 error code... it is not mode 25.... the procedure you mentioned is correct but it aint mode 25. this 25 is for setting data parameters. thats why it gave you another error coz you are in the wrong software mode...

Albonline
02-24-2009, 09:02 PM
25 mode, switch 3-1 =0 this will clear the thermal failure, however if somthing else is amiss that code or another will fire.

ktuttle
02-26-2009, 04:00 AM
Zoren,
Could I trouble you for the sequence to get the point of resetting the code(s)?

I was told "to hold down the 2 5 key while powering up, the menu screen will display list, use ^(up) V(down) key to select dip switch 3 pick bit 1 then change value 1 to 0, then power off and back on, it will reset for you".

What format am I looking for and how to follow it.

Regards

copytechman
02-26-2009, 04:22 AM
May I?
Hold 2 and 5 while powering up.. Screen should display memory setting mode as it's title.

Select Software SW
Press the 1st up down arrow until 3 is displayed.
Press the 2nd up down arrow until 1 is displayed.
Press OFF on the screen to the right of the 2nd up down arrow.

Reboot the device..1st with the control panel sw. If thats a no go try the switch on left side towards the bottom near the power cord.

Beyond that if the code reoccurs or some other code occurs your device req a qualified tech!
Regards!
A.

Zoren
02-26-2009, 05:50 AM
sorry ktuttle... i was thinking about the other konica model. mode 25 is correct. i couldnt have seen it if i hadn't got the same problem the other day...

copytechman gave already the proper procedure it should reset your f-36 code unless there is a problem in the fixing unit you wont be able to reset that f code... otherwise, let a copier tech do it for you..

Rigger
06-10-2009, 01:38 PM
What fixes error F-51-4?

Please tell me what fixed the F-51-4 error. I have a customer with that error on a Konica 7033 and I hope it will go easy for them. They can't afford to replace it or pay for an expensive repair. I service many makes of copiers but few Konicas. The dealer went out of business and quit a few customers were left hanging.
Thanks

Luther
06-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Take the back cover off and clean developer drive clutch ,bushings and shafts,also make sure developer unit isnt bound up, good luck

Rigger
06-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks, I'll try that. I appreciate the response!:)
Rigger

Custom Search