PDA

View Full Version : 8 Series Drum Unit - Thick Black Line Bizhub 558

Custom Search

aberock
01-05-2023, 04:55 AM
Hi Guys ,

Any one facing this problem before ? problem occur on Bizhub 558

Changed drum , blade , sponge , charger roller and new chip . ( CET BRAND )

Had changed all the part in drum unit but problem occur again after 10K usage or less .

There is black thick line on charger roller and sponge .

We replace to new part but problem will repeat again .

Use original KM toner .

Anybody got any idea for this issue?

Gift
01-05-2023, 06:57 AM
Oficially therte are no "parts for drum unit" - I suppose you refurbed it with crap parts or you made a mistake during the process. BK drum is not that expensive you an also use the cheaper "non longlife" ones for the C308.

aberock
01-05-2023, 07:07 AM
Oficially therte are no "parts for drum unit" - I suppose you refurbed it with crap parts or you made a mistake during the process. BK drum is not that expensive you an also use the cheaper "non longlife" ones for the C308.

What mistake can caused this as you mention ?

Don't think all oem part consider as crap part. some times oem part do save alot . not only genuine part work LOL!

Gift
01-05-2023, 07:11 AM
What mistake can caused this as you mention ?

Don't think all oem part consider as crap part. some times oem part do save alot . not only genuine part work LOL!

I know, but it seems that either the cleaning blade isn't placed or working properly (did you lubricate it with toner?) or there's clogged toner inside the waste toner channel pressing against the drum. Guess you'll know after removing the drum and have a look.

tsbservice
01-05-2023, 07:26 AM
What if you put new original drum unit? Will it streaks after 5-10k prints... probably not. Like other member said I will start with change of supplier of parts to another maybe CET or Katun but not garage Alibaba...

copier tech
01-05-2023, 07:29 AM
Hi Guys ,

Changed drum , blade , sponge , charger roller and new chip .

Had changed all the part in drum unit but problem occur again after 10K usage or less .

Use original KM toner .

The 8 series are generally very reliable until you start using after market parts.

Konica Minolta do long life drum for this model.

DR315K Black Drum Unit Long Life A7U40RE

aberock
01-05-2023, 10:16 AM
What if you put new original drum unit? Will it streaks after 5-10k prints... probably not. Like other member said I will start with change of supplier of parts to another maybe CET or Katun but not garage Alibaba...\

i knew everyone like CET right .

Used CET blade and drum . problem remain haha . im clueless now

and
01-05-2023, 10:17 AM
- high temperatures in the drum area? Check filter and check temperature of ambiental sensor.

tsbservice
01-05-2023, 10:20 AM
\

i knew everyone like CET right .

Used CET blade and drum . problem remain haha . im clueless now

Why not all parts CET?

Gift
01-05-2023, 10:26 AM
Why not all parts CET?

Perhaps they made a bad batch - I made experiences with faulty blades for ricoh systems - the rubber edge wasn't produced smooth & even enough and if you lied it on a desk it was clearly uneven.
No reason to be clueless if everything is so obvious....

Gaffers01
01-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Check the development unit for any build ups I have had similar issue before, also make sure you chip the drum unit when replacing this is very important with these machine as it resets the charges.

copyman
01-05-2023, 01:17 PM
Try different brand of aftermarket parts. Or like the others suggested just get a black drum which aren't that expensive. A reman aftermarket drum isn't much more than rebuilding yourself.

I rebuild "8" series drums all the time with aftermarket parts and last just as long if not longer then OEM drums. Drums with PCR's are crap! Doesn't matter if OEM or not. Might be ok for lower volume like small printers but not higher volume copiers. I'm sure Kon/Min wanted to sell more drums and didn't like how the "4" series drums lasted way past rated life!

elmaligno
01-05-2023, 03:13 PM
Hi Guys ,

Changed drum , blade , sponge , charger roller and new chip . ( CET BRAND )

Use original KM toner .

In my experience this problem occurs in both original and rebuilt units. Some originals fail even with 30k impressions or less. Even the manufacturer has changed the black foam cleaning brush for a spiral brush (they are aware of the problem) with no good result.
And referring to the comments I read about the long life drum, apart from the fact that nobody says they have to have a minimum firmware version from which they can be used, they don't last anywhere near that "extra long life".
That's my experience...and I have hundreds of machines wish models.....

Gift
01-05-2023, 03:44 PM
In my experience this problem occurs in both original and rebuilt units. Some originals fail even with 30k impressions or less. Even the manufacturer has changed the black foam cleaning brush for a spiral brush (they are aware of the problem) with no good result.
And referring to the comments I read about the long life drum, apart from the fact that nobody says they have to have a minimum firmware version from which they can be used, they don't last anywhere near that "extra long life".
That's my experience...and I have hundreds of machines wish models.....

I also think this longlife drum is not worth the extra money in most cases. It's basicly identical but with the "spiral cleaning" roller that is suppose to allow higher yields and a different chip of course so the FW does detect it and apply the correct yield target to it.

aberock
01-06-2023, 12:23 AM
Possible drum chip effect the drum charge caused this issue?

Used 4 series chip for this experiment.

But 4 and 8 series chip compatible right?

Gift
01-06-2023, 07:40 AM

If this a charge issue I'd assume the entire drum should be covered with toner background and not just half of it showing some banding.

aberock
01-06-2023, 08:22 AM
If this a charge issue I'd assume the entire drum should be covered with toner background and not just half of it showing some banding.
Sometimes whole page with black background, we solved by change chip.

But can't solve the thick line at charge roller. It won't clean and caused sponge with black line.

Change to new cleaning blade also can last 5-10k yield

copyman
01-06-2023, 12:48 PM

The aftermarket chips are same for 4 & 8 series.

Woxner
01-06-2023, 04:38 PM
i have seen this happen on new drums.(OEM) it happens when custmer toner runs out customer puts new toner in and bar does not reset so it stays adding toner mode for eons. also generic toner we had to use did this. seen this on I series too. after resseting toner bar and new drum it does not happen again. I tell customer to make sure toner bar resets. If it does not i tell them to turn machine off till i get there. We have SSD tickets open for this on the generic toner we had to use during the shortage. But also when you put new drum in the voltage goes back up to 1800 to 2200 volts under table tab in service mode and life counter resets

CP-1015
01-07-2023, 07:15 AM

Chips don't affect charging
4 and 8 series chips are identical.

CP-1015
01-07-2023, 07:18 AM
The aftermarket chips are same for 4 & 8 series.

The original, too.

aberock
01-07-2023, 09:54 AM
i have seen this happen on new drums.(OEM) it happens when custmer toner runs out customer puts new toner in and bar does not reset so it stays adding toner mode for eons. also generic toner we had to use did this. seen this on I series too. after resseting toner bar and new drum it does not happen again. I tell customer to make sure toner bar resets. If it does not i tell them to turn machine off till i get there. We have SSD tickets open for this on the generic toner we had to use during the shortage. But also when you put new drum in the voltage goes back up to 1800 to 2200 volts under table tab in service mode and life counter resets

tried with oem and reset the toner bar solve the problem ?

Custom Search