PDA

View Full Version : C368 & C458 optional PF cabinets

Custom Search

copyman
01-06-2023, 01:05 PM
Well I found out the hard way that the optional paper feed cabinets for the C258/308/368 are not the same as the faster C458/C558. After swapping 2 drawer cabinet from a C458 to a C368 there were issues with feeding, jamming and message to "reset the paper in tray". My guess is the paper feeds out of cabinet too fast.
Finally looked in manuals/brochures and see the slower machines use the same cabinets as the "4" series, PC110,PC210,PC410? The reason I would of never thought they used same cabinets is the difference with the new style side paper guides that lock and the tray release levers to remove trays in "8" series, PC115,PC215,PC415. I doubt they would have 2 new style trays and 2 old style? Can someone please explain this confusion?:confused:

Is there a way to convert the C458 cabinets to work in the slower "8" series? Perhaps swapping the board from a "4" series cabinet?

Thanks in advance

techsxge
01-06-2023, 01:15 PM
Not 100% sure here but i think all you need to do is do a firmware update after swapping?

emujo2
01-06-2023, 04:14 PM
There is no firmware listed for the PCs. I would look at the parts books, if the C368, and the C458 have the same PCB, then maybe it's just a change in the pins. I can tell you we do not try to make these interchangeable. E

copyman
01-06-2023, 11:31 PM
There is no firmware listed for the PCs. I would look at the parts books, if the C368, and the C458 have the same PCB, then maybe it's just a change in the pins. I can tell you we do not try to make these interchangeable. E

Ok I understand C458/558 are not interchangeable with the slower machines. I guess my main question is how do you use a 4 series PC110, 210, 410 unit on the C258/C308/C368 with 4 series PF units having different paper tray guides that don't lock, etc? The PF unit trays wouldn't match the 2 trays that come with the machine.

copyman
01-06-2023, 11:40 PM
Not 100% sure here but i think all you need to do is do a firmware update after swapping?

Updating firmware don't work.

Don N.
08-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Anyone get the answer? I hijacked another thread about pc410 jamming to ask this very question. We have the opposite need... Not enough high speed 8 or all 8e series PC415 to sell on our refurbs. Have enough PC410's as they come out of the field from 4e and slower 8 series. No FW exists that I know of. Hytec says the PC210 vs PC215 board is the same part#. I need to ask them but assume they would say the same about pc410 vs PC415. The drawer works interchangeably. Different pin arrangement would be the easiest way for KMBS to obsolete the pc410 for us poor refurbing bastards! Guess I have my homework cut out for me.

techsxge
08-03-2023, 03:14 PM
Anyone get the answer? I hijacked another thread about pc410 jamming to ask this very question. We have the opposite need... Not enough high speed 8 or all 8e series PC415 to sell on our refurbs. Have enough PC410's as they come out of the field from 4e and slower 8 series. No FW exists that I know of. Hytec says the PC210 vs PC215 board is the same part#. I need to ask them but assume they would say the same about pc410 vs PC415. The drawer works interchangeably. Different pin arrangement would be the easiest way for KMBS to obsolete the pc410 for us poor refurbing bastards! Guess I have my homework cut out for me.
You would need to swap out the motor. Layout wise it seems to be the same thing, but the faster Paper Feeder cabinets use a different motor which allow for faster rotation

femaster
08-05-2023, 03:53 AM

I had replied in the hijacked thread, but I'll post it in here as well for the benefit of future readers...

Looking through the parts manuals for each unit (PC-410/415), the part number for the board in each of them is in fact the same. The motors, belts, and gears in the drive unit have differing part numbers, and appear to be of different gearing (based on parts manual, not actual observation of the units). Different pickup, feed, and separation tires, though irrelevant. Photointeruptors are a different design, though I'm sure that is also irrelevant. I'm shooting for the motors and gearing that are the cause of the jamming, otherwise they appear to be identical, with only minor cosmetic differences.

copyman
08-05-2023, 04:03 AM
I had replied in the hijacked thread, but I'll post it in here as well for the benefit of future readers...

Looking through the parts manuals for each unit (PC-410/415), the part number for the board in each of them is in fact the same. The motors, belts, and gears in the drive unit have differing part numbers, and appear to be of different gearing (based on parts manual, not actual observation of the units). Different pickup, feed, and separation tires, though irrelevant. Photointeruptors are a different design, though I'm sure that is also irrelevant. I'm shooting for the motors and gearing that are the cause of the jamming, otherwise they appear to be identical, with only minor cosmetic differences.

Hey Don,

Thanks for confirming the changes between the two. I thought it had something to do with the speed / gearing as I mentioned in my OP. Now it makes sense. I never had time to investigate. Take care

Custom Search