PDA

View Full Version : PC 417 Jamming and other issues

Custom Search

SAR
01-10-2023, 05:07 PM
Just recently got my first couple of PC-417 units in the field and I have to say, I'm not too impressed so far.
Had one on a C650i with 14k on the meter that was jamming and had 2 good sized nicks in the plastic conveyance guide (AAV5606000).
Checked the customers other machine with the PC-417 installed and it had the same issue with the nicks in the plastic guide.
I noticed another thread on here mentioning you can push down on the edges of the guide to put more pressure on the white conveyance rollers to stop jamming issues. Do you push down at the far outer edges of the guide, or just outside of the where the 2 white conveyance rollers are? Will this help to alleviate the nicks in the plastic guide?
KM has at least 3 bulletins related to these issues with the guide and the rollers, but you would think they would come out with an updated more durable guide.
Any additional tips or tricks you can give me on these units would be much appreciated!

Speedy
01-16-2024, 08:53 PM
KM put out an updated parts bulletin regarding the clutch that drives the transport roller. The clutch comes as an assembly (PN-AAV5R71500). Two techs have installed this updated clutch and fixed their jamming issue.
Another thing to try is to get the right side door of the cabinet to close tighter. Some techs have been putting about 3 wraps of electrical tape around the latch pins and having success.

Tech09
01-17-2024, 04:11 PM
On any of the LCT trays with the lift cables, pull the tray out, empty the paper and check the ends of the cables where they wind on their pulleys. The cable can work their way out of the channel they are supposed to wind on and wrap around the shaft instead, which will cause jamming and skewing. I cut a small piece of plastic and put double-sided duct tape on it and force it down into the channel to keep the cable in place.

allan
01-17-2024, 07:21 PM
On any of the LCT trays with the lift cables, pull the tray out, empty the paper and check the ends of the cables where they wind on their pulleys. The cable can work their way out of the channel they are supposed to wind on and wrap around the shaft instead, which will cause jamming and skewing. I cut a small piece of plastic and put double-sided duct tape on it and force it down into the channel to keep the cable in place.

This happens due to the customer opening the LCT while it is loaded. There is a torque limiter on the front side of the tray to limit the drop speed of the plate. Its a ridiculously small part and does not last the abuse of the trays being opened with 3 reams of paper weight on it.
Replacing the Torque limiter does fix the issue but only until its wrecked again.

So best advice I have for this issue would be to require the customer to only open and load paper when the trays are empty. That same instruction reduces the chances of paper getting stuck behind the 1st and 2nd trays leading to C-0202 and C-0204 error codes.

Custom Search