PDA

View Full Version : C-554e, towers stuck upon boot up...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
01-12-2023, 03:34 PM
Hey guys... so this is a new customer, 40 miles out. The suggested fix is to unplug the dual scan board, remove accessories, etc, etc.

Is there a chance that I could have a corrupt SSD chip instead? If so, has anyone been able to order these things from KM?
The last time I had this, it was the SSD chip, but it was like pulling teeth to get one from KM, because I was not the "original selling dealer"..

Thanks in advance,
OC

tsbservice
01-12-2023, 04:31 PM
Hey OC how are you mate last time I ordered SSD board from KM there were not any problems.
I would start by disconnecting ADF and its board, try FW update and depending on outcome lastly SSD.
Wish you good luck and let us know.

Oystercopy
01-12-2023, 05:20 PM
Good to see you too, TSB

Yeah, I'm going to go out there later today and try disconnecting the boards/accessories and try that.

If that doesn't work, I'll try F/W but I did have trouble getting the SSD from KM before. Maybe I'll have
to try again if any of this doesn't work...

OC

copyman
01-12-2023, 07:24 PM
Good to see you too, TSB

Yeah, I'm going to go out there later today and try disconnecting the boards/accessories and try that.

If that doesn't work, I'll try F/W but I did have trouble getting the SSD from KM before. Maybe I'll have
to try again if any of this doesn't work...

OC

Firmware should be all you need. If not the regular F/W the reset F/W should work

I don't think Kon/Min will sell parts to a NON-dealer. You would have to buy from an authorized dealer. Hopefully you have a dealer who will only add 10-20% on top of their price and not charge you full retail.

DelawareJim
01-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Twice we have seen this issue caused by a bad motor M4. Located rear of copier, upper left corner (above the fuser drive assembly). It is part number A5C1M10500. Shown in the parts manual on the "Paper Exit Section" part #1, PM stepping motor. Take the back covers off and simply unplug the motor....then see if the copier boots up. We have seen it twice on the C554e, so it's worth a try.

allan
01-13-2023, 12:14 AM
Is there anything in the error logs? You can format the SSD if the HDD is unset first.
Like mentioned make sure to start it with firmware and that the SSD firmware is up to date as well.
Using the reset tool is also an option.

Oystercopy
01-13-2023, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the great suggestion guys. I tried loading F/W, but the MFP Main section would not load. I waited about 30 minutes for it to finish. The other Scanner, etc F/W loaded fine, but not the main one. So I turned it off, tried to reload again and only selected the MFP. Same thing, another 30 minutes. Tech support (yes, I'm a dealer) told me it was common for the memory battery to fail, and sure enough, the customer had the machine unplugged in storage for about a month, prior to trying to use it again.

So I pulled the MFP board and sending it in to Hytec tomorrow. If that doesn't work, then obviously, I will try to unplug that motor. But I've seen this be the SSD board as well on a C-364, so who knows. But I'm sending in the SSD along with the MFP, that way Hytec can test it (hopefully) in a live machine with that SSD board.

We'll see what happens!
OC

copyman
01-13-2023, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the great suggestion guys. I tried loading F/W, but the MFP Main section would not load. I waited about 30 minutes for it to finish. The other Scanner, etc F/W loaded fine, but not the main one. So I turned it off, tried to reload again and only selected the MFP. Same thing, another 30 minutes. Tech support (yes, I'm a dealer) told me it was common for the memory battery to fail, and sure enough, the customer had the machine unplugged in storage for about a month, prior to trying to use it again.

So I pulled the MFP board and sending it in to Hytec tomorrow. If that doesn't work, then obviously, I will try to unplug that motor. But I've seen this be the SSD board as well on a C-364, so who knows. But I'm sending in the SSD along with the MFP, that way Hytec can test it (hopefully) in a live machine with that SSD board.

We'll see what happens!
OC

Thanks for the follow up. Damn I keep forgetting about the batteries on the "4" series. Didn't realize you were a dealer so disregard my prior post about buying from a dealer.

Oystercopy
01-13-2023, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the follow up. Damn I keep forgetting about the batteries on the "4" series. Didn't realize you were a dealer so disregard my prior post about buying from a dealer.

Not a problem Copyman. Yeah, I don't call tech support so much because - typically - there's not a lot they can offer me that's truly unique and innovative. That's why I come to sites like this, because the help is actually better.
OC

copyman
01-13-2023, 01:34 PM
Not a problem Copyman. Yeah, I don't call tech support so much because - typically - there's not a lot they can offer me that's truly unique and innovative. That's why I come to sites like this, because the help is actually better.
OC

Agree most techs I know avoid calling Kon/Min tech support. You get tired of hearing same old "main board is bad". Makes you wonder if they are even techs you are talking to or just people looking at the knowledge base like you could do yourself!

Custom Search