PDA

View Full Version : Minolta EP2010 pepper on background

Custom Search

REHOL
02-04-2009, 12:50 AM
I have a Minolta EP2010 that originally was copying really light. I did a PM on it. Replaced drum,drum blade, developer. Cleaned both coronas, ran developer setup exc. Copies looked really good. As I continued to make copies they began to have background. It looks kinda like pepper all over the copy. Help!

cobiray
02-04-2009, 03:12 AM
Did you replace it with the correct developer? Are you using Minolta toner?

oce bill
02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I've had this before and its usually that the customer has fitted Di181 Toner bottle,
Because the image was fine after you replaced drum,blade and dev when you run copies the machine is topping up with digital neg toner and you get a grainy background gradually getting worse, check the righting on the side of toner bottle,
sorry can't remember what type it should be just check with one if the consumable lists,

REHOL
02-04-2009, 07:11 PM
I am using OEM toner and developer. It is for the right model too. I am a trained service tech with a number of years experience.

eg101
02-04-2009, 08:21 PM
It sure sounds like contaminated developer, old toner. Did you vacuum out the toner recycle tubes?
The other possibility is charge corona, is the grid damaged or corroded?

REHOL
02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
It sure sounds like contaminated developer, old toner. Did you vacuum out the toner recycle tubes?
The other possibility is charge corona, is the grid damaged or corroded?
As I stated earlier I have cleaned the coronas so they look fine.I did a PM on the machine, so I vacuumed out all old developer. I replaced the developer with OEM developer and it also has OEM toner in it as well. I ran simulation for the new developer. The first copies looked good. After running 25 or so copies the background started to appear. It looks like pepper all over the page

cobiray
02-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Has the developer been sitting in the parts room for awhile or is it new from KM? Sounds like the developer might be faulty.

Also, the 1080's had the HV unit over the transport deck and fuser and sometimes blew traces off the boards causing a similar issue. I don't recall if the HV is in the same place on the 2010's.

vaclav borc
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Has the developer been sitting in the parts room for awhile or is it new from KM? Sounds like the developer might be faulty.

Also, the 1080's had the HV unit over the transport deck and fuser and sometimes blew traces off the boards causing a similar issue. I don't recall if the HV is in the same place on the 2010's.

If the developer and toner is OEM, if developer is not overtoned,
there is one reason - wrong HIGH voltage board. I had 2 machines with
wrong HV. It makes very strong background.
If vacuuming IU, you should disconect ATDC .Electrical schocks can
make it wrong.

Custom Search