PDA

View Full Version : Follow up to C454e not recognizing FS534

Custom Search

copyman
01-18-2023, 09:58 PM
Ok so went back out and replaced the FN main board, added surge protector and machine & FN worked fine. It had very old firmware so of course I couldn't leave well enough alone and updated F/W to latest GDT-M1. Tested machine and left. Customer called an hour later and said it keeps rebooting with message "internal error has occurred". No code.

Wanted to add it was a used surge protector and machine keeps reverting back to sleep mode which I had customer turn off.

Any ideas appreciated?

Thanks in advance

blackcat4866
01-18-2023, 10:13 PM
just curious ... what error? It might be pertinent. =^..^=

copyman
01-18-2023, 10:17 PM
just curious ... what error? It might be pertinent. =^..^=

No code or I would have included that. I have edited my OP and added a few things

tsbservice
01-18-2023, 10:38 PM
Code should be in MML you can always save it on flash drive and send me S1 Excel sheet to search it for you.
Or view it by printing MML in list output.

tsbservice
01-18-2023, 10:41 PM
But maybe is C255x code about white bushings...

blackcat4866
01-18-2023, 10:42 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess that it's something else. Based on experience I'm going to say ... oh, lets say C2557. =^..^=

copyman
01-19-2023, 02:48 AM
I'm going to take a wild guess that it's something else. Based on experience I'm going to say ... oh, lets say C2557. =^..^=

Thanks BC & TSB

I saw some past posts about the C255x code causing internal error messg. Checked state confirmation and all levels at 6-6.5%. Would levels be normal and still throw C255x code? There were no codes in history but will check MML when I go back Friday.
Consumable life showed K drum & developer at 0% so ordered them to have with me when I return.

What concerns me the most is sleep setting not staying off. This is first time ever seeing or hearing about this weird issue! Customer says when machine reboots after internal error messg the sleep mode turns back on in admin mode.

tsbservice
01-19-2023, 07:20 AM
Thanks BC & TSB

I saw some past posts about the C255x code causing internal error messg. Checked state confirmation and all levels at 6-6.5%. Would levels be normal and still throw C255x code? There were no codes in history but will check MML when I go back Friday.
Consumable life showed K drum & developer at 0% so ordered them to have with me when I return.

What concerns me the most is sleep setting not staying off. This is first time ever seeing or hearing about this weird issue! Customer says when machine reboots after internal error messg the sleep mode turns back on in admin mode.
Ok then as TCRs are all within normal range there is no way to be C255x issue, disregard this part.

Gift
01-19-2023, 08:41 AM
Funny reboots might be connected to a bad SSD Board and perhaps a weak MFP board battery - eventually HDD can also be involved

blackcat4866
01-19-2023, 03:29 PM
You'll have some real actionable intelligence once you know what the code is. =^..^=

copyman
01-20-2023, 06:55 PM
You'll have some real actionable intelligence once you know what the code is. =^..^=

So the code was C-D390. Kept popping up until I touched the recovery tab. After that seems to be working good except now all the counters are cleared. machine had 769k page count but now was cleared to 0. As well as all the consumables are now at 100%. Anyway to get that data back?

This all happen after replacing FS-534 board for finisher not recognized and updating firmware. As I mentioned in previous post the firmware was very old.

My guess is the battery is weak or dying and when I turned off machine to replace FN board weak battery started the internal error issue. Doubt it could be updating F/W even though it was a big jump in F/W version. Think F/W was at C6 version.

Will see how it goes next few days.

Synthohol
01-20-2023, 07:34 PM
in stop 0 clear there may be " restore engine data" ?

copyman
01-20-2023, 11:55 PM
in stop 0 clear there may be " restore engine data" ?

Thanks. Will check it out

Markks
01-21-2023, 01:54 AM
So the code was C-D390. Kept popping up until I touched the recovery tab. After that seems to be working good except now all the counters are cleared. machine had 769k page count but now was cleared to 0. As well as all the consumables are now at 100%. Anyway to get that data back?

This all happen after replacing FS-534 board for finisher not recognized and updating firmware. As I mentioned in previous post the firmware was very old.

My guess is the battery is weak or dying and when I turned off machine to replace FN board weak battery started the internal error issue. Doubt it could be updating F/W even though it was a big jump in F/W version. Think F/W was at C6 version.

Will see how it goes next few days.

I think you are correct about weak battery on MFPB. Chances are next time machine is turned off you will lose all counters again.

Custom Search