PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Cant get rid of the J-3102 jam code on C-1070 Konica Minolta

Custom Search

Tech551
01-19-2023, 03:10 PM
I am getting J-3102 after turning on the machine. Cant seem to get rid of it. I don't think there is any paper stuck in the machine.

blackcat4866
01-19-2023, 03:23 PM
Check the fuser exit roller pressure setting. Its supposed to be set like this (#3: the white filled in triangle):

Endusers often change this setting ... well, I don't know why, but they do. =^..^=

Synthohol
01-19-2023, 03:34 PM
BC has a good one^^^^^^^^

sounds like a stuck sensor or pinched/broken wire?
some j-3102 info.

J-3102
Classification
Registration
Cause
During operation: Within a specified period of time after the registration motor (M45) becomes active, the fusing paper exit sensor (PS22) does not become active.
Resulting operation
Stops immediately.
Correction
Pull out the ADU, and open the reverse exit section and the fusing paper exit plate assy. Check the inside of the fusing unit through the inspection window of the fusing unit. Remove any jammed paper.Adjust the position of the separate discharging plate assy in the following cases; paper leading edge wraps itself around the intermediate transfer belt or the 2nd transfer roller/Lw, paper leading edge hits the separate discharging plate assy. (Refer to I.9.5 Separation discharging plate assy position adjustment (https://wapps.mykonicaminolta.com/msman/m/service/bizhubPressC1070Service/D0000960254/D0000960254.html))

Note:Although the specification for the Lead Edge
Erase is 4 mm or less in the service manual, it’s
recommended not to set it below 4 mm,to reduce the
possibility ofJ-3102 fuser wrapping jams on thinner
stock paper.This adjustment is not necessary on a
C1070P.

Error

J-3102 occurs when running envelope stock.

Root Cause
Envelope fixing assembly connector damaged. Front connector is easily damaged during installation.

Workaround/Fix
Replace front connector on envelope fixing assembly (p/n A50UN10903 Fixing Wire/5)

J-3102
Root Cause
J-3102 fuser wrapping jam. The jam may occur when a file is printed on thinner paper stock (under 135gsm) with heavy toner coverage on the lead edge (within 10mm).

Workaround/Fix
A new style fuser belt has been developed (p/n A50U757700) as a countermeasure for fuser wrapping jams.
C1070 New Style fuser belt instructions:

1. Install fuser belt (p/n A50U757700).
2. Flash firmware with version G00-15 (or later).
3. Set DipSW 17-2=0, 47-5=1
(17-2=0 = 10mm default lead edge delete for certain test prints [Service Mode / Test Print]).
(47-5=1 - New temperature control table for the new style fuser belt.
4. Set a 4mm lead edge deletion (Recommended)
(Service Mode / Machine Adjust / Printer Adjust / Lead Edge Erase).

Note:
Extensive testing has found that the new style fuser belt is much improved for J-3102 wrapping jams. However, there may be some files that have heavy coverage on the lead edge (within 10mm) that when printed on some of the thinner paper stocks (under 135 gsm) may have a tendency to stick to the fuser belt. To avoid that, use one or more of the following countermeasures:
1. Use a higher quality paper stock.
2. Increase Lead Edge Erasure.
3. Rotate the file to print in the short edge direction.
4. Increase fuser air separation.
5. Decrease fuser temp -10 degrees.
6. Set toner reduction on (driver).

KONICA MINOLTA Confidential
-130-
2.1.12 J-3102, Thin paper feed failure at the 2ndtransfer unit
(1)Symptom
When the J-3102 occurs, the paper stops between the fusing unit and the 2ndtransfer unit.
(2)Cause
(a)The leading edge of paper is not separated and wraps the intermediate transfer belt (Fig
1, (a) direction)
Occurrence condition
Paper typePlain (recycle) / High Quality / Color Paper
Paper weight62 to 71g/m2
EnvironmentLow temperature, low humidity
(b)The leading edge of the paper hits the leading edge of the separation discharge or enters
the space between separate discharging Assy and the 2ndtransfer roller then wrapping the
roller.(Fig 1, (b) direction)
Occurrence increase condition
Paper typeCoated paper
Paper weight81 to 91g/ m2
EnvironmentHigh temperature, high humidity

Tech551
01-19-2023, 03:57 PM
Thank you for your fast answer.
It is on 3. Just to make sure you get my problem correctly. The machine is not jamming, it is stuck on this jam code, so when I turn on the machine, I automatically get this error.

Tech551
01-19-2023, 04:12 PM
Any idea where?
"sounds like a stuck sensor or pinched/broken wire?
some j-3102 info."

The dipSW is already set as u mentioned.
Thank you for your help

MOJO
02-15-2024, 08:49 PM
Was this issue ever resolved? If so, what was it? Have same issue on new c4080.
J3102 comes up as soon as I turn on machine. no paper inside of it.

Synthohol
02-15-2024, 10:17 PM
Pull out the ADU, and open the reverse exit section.Open the fusing paper exit plate assy. Then, check inside the fusing unit and remove any jammed paper.Adjust the position of the separate discharging plate assy in the following cases; paper leading edge wraps itself around the intermediate transfer belt or the 2nd transfer roller/Lw, paper leading edge hits the separate discharging plate assy

but if you get it at power on i would check ps22 with IO check or sensor check blocked and unblocked.
also ive seen the actuators get stuck from paper dust.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/61620d1708035405-cant-get-rid-j-3102-jam-code-c-1070-konica-minolta-ps22-jpg

MOJO
02-16-2024, 12:00 AM
This is a brand-new machine. never passed paper yet. fuser entrance and exit sensor do not change state in service mode. Swapped out entire fuser as we had another machine next to it, which is working fine, same result. swapped adu board still with no resolve. Hotline said PRCB, no change.

Albonline
02-17-2024, 03:23 PM
This is a brand-new machine. never passed paper yet. fuser entrance and exit sensor do not change state in service mode. Swapped out entire fuser as we had another machine next to it, which is working fine, same result. swapped adu board still with no resolve. Hotline said PRCB, no change.

i would be looking at the connection blocks at the back of the adu.

otphas
02-17-2024, 05:45 PM
As i remember this error on old series like C6000 was 3 gears with clutches- T22. You must clean them with alcohol or change them. If you use cleaning also help to change their place, all 3 are same .

Custom Search