PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C458 wont firmware upd.

Custom Search

Methmann
01-26-2023, 08:24 AM
Hello everyone

I have a challenge with a machine, which wont firmware upd.

When i insert the USB pen(The one i always use to firmware upd, have updated several hundreds if not thousands KM through my 17years in this business). Holding down the STOP key and power on the main switch. It DO shows the circle in the corner, but then it just starts up as normal. I have tried another usb pen, tried another firmware version. Tried to unmount the HDD and the finisher. Tried another USB port. Tried with front cover open, tried to clear all data, and tried to upd through Internet ISW @ FTP(This turns out with Download NG).

It is totally strange! I had a C258 some months ago, with the same issue, where i ended up replacing the MFP board.
But now it is the 2nd machine with this fault, and i suspect, something strange is blocking the firmware upd??

Do you have any suggestions?? :)

and
01-26-2023, 09:09 AM
Check this?

[Administrator Settings]-->[Security Settings]-->[USB connection Permission settings]-->[Detail Setting]-->[External Memory]-->[FW Update] is set to [Allow]

C458 support WWRSPF if your CSRC have this function.

Methmann
01-26-2023, 09:42 AM
Check this?

[Administrator Settings]-->[Security Settings]-->[USB connection Permission settings]-->[Detail Setting]-->[External Memory]-->[FW Update] is set to [Allow]

C458 support WWRSPF if your CSRC have this function.

It is set to allow :(

I dont know what WWRSPF is, but if it is something with CS Remote Care, we dont have access to it.

and
01-26-2023, 10:30 AM
It is set to allow :(

I dont know what WWRSPF is, but if it is something with CS Remote Care, we dont have access to it.

Yes CS Remote Care.

Tried to insert the usb pen directly on "Front USB" port by removing the black cable ?

Kenny
01-26-2023, 12:00 PM
may be a silly question but is the USB port plug plugged into the machine and functioning as normal?

Methmann
01-26-2023, 01:11 PM
Yes CS Remote Care.

Tried to insert the usb pen directly on "Front USB" port by removing the black cable ?

Lol! You were right! Someone have reseated the USB cable which goes to the front USB and put it in, one of the other USB ports.

When i reseated the cable back to the "Front USB" port. It worked :-D

Thank you! :cool:

tsbservice
01-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Quick test - you should put flash drive in front USB and it won't be recognized at all. And question yourself - why :cool:

Methmann
01-26-2023, 01:48 PM
Quick test - you should put flash drive in front USB and it won't be recognized at all. And question yourself - why :cool:

It did! When it was starting as normal with the USB pen inserted in the Front USB, it did show "External memory" menu ;-)

Custom Search