PDA

View Full Version : KM C3320i waste toner spillage inside machine

Custom Search

Shadow
02-01-2023, 10:23 PM
Good day all,
I have a customer with a C3320i that is having an issue with the waste toner container.
I have searched the form and KM for any type of resolution - no luck.
What is happening is that the waste from the transfer belt cleaner is not all dropping into the waste toner container.
The waste is then building up inside the panel, then spilling down inside the machine and making a pile on the cabinet.
Has anyone else come across this problem before?

copyman
02-02-2023, 12:45 AM
Good day all,
I have a customer with a C3320i that is having an issue with the waste toner container.
I have searched the form and KM for any type of resolution - no luck.
What is happening is that the waste from the transfer belt cleaner is not all dropping into the waste toner container.
The waste is then building up inside the panel, then spilling down inside the machine and making a pile on the cabinet.
Has anyone else come across this problem before?

Have you looked at the trans belt cleaning unit to make sure auger is turning and toner not built up? Also vac out the waste toner chute.

kingarthur
02-02-2023, 11:44 AM
I've had a few C3350is doing this, i've put it down to either non genuine KM WTB, or the WTB not quite in properly, and yes - it makes a hell of a mess, it's backing up on the transfer belt and causing really poor prints

suomi
02-02-2023, 01:48 PM
To improve the quality of the waste toner box used in the Sparrow series

1) If the waste toner box is dropped from a height exceeding 30 cm (out of specification),
the impact of the drop may cause the internal collection screw to deflect and detach
from the fixed shaft resulting in waste toner collection failure and abnormal noise.

https://knova.konicaminolta.com/Platform/Publishing/images/Authoring/Image%20Files/CP_CE/1647504461169_image.png

davidmtupper
02-02-2023, 02:10 PM
To improve the quality of the waste toner box used in the Sparrow series

1) If the waste toner box is dropped from a height exceeding 30 cm (out of specification),
the impact of the drop may cause the internal collection screw to deflect and detach
from the fixed shaft resulting in waste toner collection failure and abnormal noise.

https://knova.konicaminolta.com/Platform/Publishing/images/Authoring/Image%20Files/CP_CE/1647504461169_image.png

So UPS may be to blame? Our guy tosses boxes 8-10 feet at times.

Shadow
02-02-2023, 03:19 PM
I have done all of the above suggestions to no avail.
Everything for the machine is genuine KM product.
It seems that there is a gap between the transfer belt chute and inlet for the waste toner container.
I'm thinking about placing something under the waste toner container to lift it up slightly.
Any thoughts??

REGSIS
02-03-2023, 11:11 AM
I had a missing gear on transfer belt that drives cleaning section of the belt.
Either is belt or waste toner box.
Pull out the belt and turn it manually to check cleaning operation. Check that all gears on it are turning.
Replace waste toner box.

suomi
02-03-2023, 01:18 PM
if you rotate the waste toner container on the wheel, then the white part should move in the opening of the waste toner container.
If not, the waste container is broken

Shadow
02-04-2023, 11:48 AM
I have already checked the transfer belt and the waste toner container.
There seems to be a gap of about 3mm between the transfer belt chute and the inlet of the waste toner container.
I think that its time to try shimming the waste toner container from the under side and see what happens.

REGSIS
02-04-2023, 02:19 PM
I have already checked the transfer belt and the waste toner container.
There seems to be a gap of about 3mm between the transfer belt chute and the inlet of the waste toner container.
I think that its time to try shimming the waste toner container from the under side and see what happens.

There shoul be a pipe between belt and waste tonner bottle. Outlet of transfer belt should sit on top of the pipe, and waste tonner bottle input slides under the bottom of the pipe.
On A3 i-series machines this pipe gets clogged with toner.
On 4 series upper pipe seal gets old and fall apart causing toner spillage behind Y dev unit.

Shadow
03-02-2023, 03:47 AM
I thank you all for your submissions on this issue.
It turns out that the paddle in the waste toner container for the transfer belt waste was missing completely.
I have replaced the waste toner container and all is good now.

Custom Search