PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C652

Custom Search

Danny9279
02-05-2023, 08:19 PM
Hi,

I own a KM Bizhub C-652 and a while back it started giving me a lot of issues with paper jams on all trays to include the Bypass. I would open and shut the right panel multiple times on 1 single print. Apparently the opening and closing caused for a sensor to fail, once the right door is closed it keep whirring like its trying to engage a motor or selenoid and it wont operate. after some trial and error another tech told me to manually reset the panel switch and it was working fine. That is until the screen would show the open component message with the bypass tray. I had a technician come over he got it working for less than 1 hour and it started again with the issues. The service manual that I have doesnt show any error similar to this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

allan
02-05-2023, 10:10 PM
We will be needing jam codes to get anywhere.
Is it showing an open competent at this time?
Could be a bent bypass assembly?

Danny9279
02-05-2023, 10:32 PM
We will be needing jam codes to get anywhere.
Is it showing an open competent at this time?
Could be a bent bypass assembly?

No codes the panel shows top banner in orange stating Open Component, below there is the image of the bypass tray open when it's physically shut. I'm not near the equipment but I'll post a link to a short video whenI get the chance.

Synthohol
02-05-2023, 11:23 PM
go in service mode and see what sensor is tripped.
also check the interlock actuator on the small door below the big door but the sensor check should reveal all.

copyman
02-06-2023, 12:33 AM
Since it sounds like you are an end user not sure if you are going to be able to go into the service mode to troubleshoot switches, etc. But the tech that worked on machine should of used these tools to pinpoint issue!

Anyway first thing I would check would be take out paper dust remover near the registration rollers and blow out the sensor. paper dust on this sensor can cause some intermittent jams & weird messages.

Danny9279
05-12-2023, 02:16 AM
Since it sounds like you are an end user not sure if you are going to be able to go into the service mode to troubleshoot switches, etc. But the tech that worked on machine should of used these tools to pinpoint issue!

Anyway first thing I would check would be take out paper dust remover near the registration rollers and blow out the sensor. paper dust on this sensor can cause some intermittent jams & weird messages.

Copyman, the tech that came didn't have a clue on what he was looking for, he asked me how to go into service mode. After that he did give me 2 parts numbers and left. His company tried billing me for 3 hours of service and he was here probably 45 minutes.

I'm still trying to figure this issue. Just replaced a micro switch and trying look for a sensor on the bypass tray area to verify voltage.

Again any assistance is appreciated

Synthohol
05-12-2023, 03:26 AM
i just remembered the c652s had a habit of breaking off the 2nd transfer roller spring loaded standoff and its hard to tell unless you lift up on both sides and see if its busted.
that caused tons of jams that were hard to find because you open the door and everything falls back into proper place.

these guys..
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58215&d=1683859011

femaster
05-12-2023, 05:17 AM
Ah yes, I remember that quite clearly. I don't think I ever experienced jamming from that, but it sure did a number on the image. Seemed like it was always the one in the back side that broke, so unless you went looking for it specifically, you'd never see that it was broken. For me, it was always copy quality issues. The top 1/4 of the page was missing, the mid-section was extremely light and the bottom 1/4 of the page looked fine.

Danny9279
05-12-2023, 02:57 PM
Good Morning,

I was able to figure it out last night. The worst part is that the fix cost $0 and just some tape. The finisher has a sensor that the door wasn't pushing in all the way.

Murphy's Law

Thanks to all that were helpful and provided some advice, I really appreciate it. Now to work on the finisher for my big production machine.

Custom Search