PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C250i restarts

Custom Search

tsbservice
02-08-2023, 04:15 PM
Hi all,

This one is interesting. Low meter machine working without an issues suddenly started to restarts itself after waking up from sleep mode. Problem reproduction 100% -after we putt machine in sleep by pressing power button, put documents on ADF so machine is coming from sleep to life with some slight hesitation next trying to scan to smb and it freezes all the time for a minute then reboots and can happily work till next exit from sleep. No errors, recovery firmware reports OK, self diagnostic OK, firmware updated and functional version set accordingly. What do you think guys, Storage or CPU? Any other thoughts are always welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

and
02-08-2023, 04:23 PM
No code on "Detail code history" ?? 0x1FFF

If you have a lot of 0x2201900000000100 are firmware failure or CPU board failure.

THRL_DebugFA14Log
Detail code, Total counter, ADF document passage counter, Date of occurrence
0x1FFF, 61715, 44291, 2022year 7month 6day 7ur 49minute 19seconds ROM:AA2J0Y0-0100-G00-M2(00), 0x2201900000000100

Hi all,

This one is interesting. Low meter machine working without an issues suddenly started to restarts itself after waking up from sleep mode. Problem reproduction 100% -after we putt machine in sleep by pressing power button, put documents on ADF so machine is coming from sleep to life with some slight hesitation next trying to scan to smb and it freezes all the time for a minute then reboots and can happily work till next exit from sleep. No errors, recovery firmware reports OK, self diagnostic OK, firmware updated and functional version set accordingly. What do you think guys, Storage or CPU? Any other thoughts are always welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

tsbservice
02-08-2023, 05:27 PM
No code on "Detail code history" ?? 0x1FFF

If you have a lot of 0x2201900000000100 are firmware failure or CPU board failure.

THRL_DebugFA14Log
Detail code, Total counter, ADF document passage counter, Date of occurrence
0x1FFF, 61715, 44291, 2022year 7month 6day 7ur 49minute 19seconds ROM:AA2J0Y0-0100-G00-M2(00), 0x2201900000000100

Yes many 0x1FFF 0x22011900000000100
Will try Initialize all next step and if that doesn't work maybe it's CPU board.
Thanks for your input will keep this thread updated.

B0265
02-09-2023, 08:15 AM
We have 2 x C257i with a similar problem, lots of 0x1FFF 0x22011900000000100 codes. When the machine machines enters sleep mode it will restart after about 2 minutes but only when the network cable is connected. Intializing the network settings did not help.

occus
02-09-2023, 09:08 AM
Hi all,

TIA

That's pretty sure the CPUB... recovery firmware has never worked for me...

tsbservice
02-11-2023, 07:29 PM
A bit feedback here but nothing exciting.

So far nothing we have done apart from hardware changes(as expected) helped. In our case pulling out network cable doesn't give a different results still hangs/reboots.
Machine can't be initialized as it reboots by itself before Initialize All finish. Tried trouble reset and system error clear - NG. Tried to format SSD - logical done but no go and physical format couldn't finish as machine reboots at 45%.

Next step CPUB.
Damn I hate tossing expensive parts in almost new machine.

fornerm
02-15-2023, 07:17 AM
Hello,
are there any new findings? Have the same with a +450i. I first changed the FW from G00-KJ to GC2-N4, and changed the network speed from Auto to 100FD.
This helped with similar problems in large networks, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
According to the detail code, I had the problem from the beginning, so it has been 8 months, only now did the customer complain about the restart.
Greetings Markus

copier tech
02-15-2023, 07:35 AM
A bit feedback here but nothing exciting.

So far nothing we have done apart from hardware changes(as expected) helped. In our case pulling out network cable doesn't give a different results still hangs/reboots.
Machine can't be initialized as it reboots by itself before Initialize All finish. Tried trouble reset and system error clear - NG. Tried to format SSD - logical done but no go and physical format couldn't finish as machine reboots at 45%.

Next step CPUB.
Damn I hate tossing expensive parts in almost new machine.

Will Konica Minolta warranty these boards like they did with the 4e series SSD's ?

Gift
02-15-2023, 07:41 AM
Will Konica Minolta warranty these boards like they did with the 4e series SSD's ?

Yes, but there's "no special agreement" for extending the warranty time like they did for the SSDB in the 4e series in some/all(?) regions - failure rate for CPUB is much lower compared to the SSD desaster back then.

and
02-15-2023, 08:01 AM
We have 2 x C257i with a similar problem, lots of 0x1FFF 0x22011900000000100 codes. When the machine machines enters sleep mode it will restart after about 2 minutes but only when the network cable is connected. Intializing the network settings did not help.

In this case tray to set "Power Consumption in Sleep Mode" in Disable.

B0265
02-15-2023, 08:10 AM

KM told us to set SW159 to HEX08 "function to make the HDD and the Fax board remain powered even after the Sub Power is turned OFF or the MFP shifts to the power save (Low Power/ Sleep) mode". This worked to solve our problem.

tsbservice
02-15-2023, 05:59 PM
KM told us to set SW159 to HEX08 "function to make the HDD and the Fax board remain powered even after the Sub Power is turned OFF or the MFP shifts to the power save (Low Power/ Sleep) mode". This worked to solve our problem.

In my case it's C250i machine without fax and HDD, maybe this will keep storage board (SSD) juiced enough to not forget how to wake up 🤔
We will try it before swapping parts but if that helps it means core problem is SSD not CPU board...hmmm

onlyinnewfoundland
02-15-2023, 06:28 PM
We've had quite a few of these machines blow the CPU board for some reason. Almost all of them were under a year old, some even 3-4 months. Seems like KM will warranty the board no problem, but there was a considerable delay in a few instances getting the board.

Typically, it will do what you're describing, or it will simply get to the boot screen about 25-50% of the way and stop and eventually reboot keep going in a loop until somebody powers the machine off.

Replacing CPU board does fix the issue, but still a pain in the ass when you couple it with all the other issues this series seems to be having.

Good luck.

tsbservice
02-15-2023, 06:54 PM
We've had quite a few of these machines blow the CPU board for some reason. Almost all of them were under a year old, some even 3-4 months. Seems like KM will warranty the board no problem, but there was a considerable delay in a few instances getting the board.

Typically, it will do what you're describing, or it will simply get to the boot screen about 25-50% of the way and stop and eventually reboot keep going in a loop until somebody powers the machine off.

Replacing CPU board does fix the issue, but still a pain in the ass when you couple it with all the other issues this series seems to be having.

Good luck.

Thank you for that.

What is distracting me most is the fact the machine developed such a behaviour after a lot of time.
Any one pointed the fact we could not finish Initialize All and has some explanations?
I'm about to try SSD partition... maybe

B0265
02-16-2023, 07:23 AM
In my case it's C250i machine without fax and HDD, maybe this will keep storage board (SSD) juiced enough to not forget how to wake up 🤔
We will try it before swapping parts but if that helps it means core problem is SSD not CPU board...hmmm

Our C257i also have a SSD and no Fax. The software sw solved our problem, but I think your problem is a bit different.

Konicaboy
02-16-2023, 08:17 AM

Good luck.

I had the same problem alot and i also changed the CPU Board, but I‘ve heard about the Boot Rom and since then i just need to update the Boot Rom without changing anything. And it works quite good. Try this next time.

Greetings

fornerm
03-20-2023, 01:38 PM
update in my case. I used the diagnostic tool again and it has now diagnosed the CPUB as an error, so I replaced the part and the error was gone.
In my case, the error could also be reproduced beforehand, namely the machine only hung on the control panel if it woke up from standby mode level 2 or was woken up.
Maybe this will help you in a similar situation.
greeting

Look this Thread, too.

Miscellaneous Bizhub C300i - Freezes during use - Page 6 (copytechnet.com) (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/156994-bizhub-c300i-freezes-during-use-6.html)

onlyinnewfoundland
03-20-2023, 11:30 PM
I had the same problem alot and i also changed the CPU Board, but I‘ve heard about the Boot Rom and since then i just need to update the Boot Rom without changing anything. And it works quite good. Try this next time.

Greetings

Yes we've been hearing from KM that it is possible to recover the machine in most instances if you update the bootrom when you go to update the f/w. You need to enter a special code to get the button to appear apparently.

strider5555
03-20-2023, 11:47 PM
I have witnessed, and reproduced the CPUB NG error when using the diagnostic recovery tool. I think it needs an update, because, i tested it on a C250i with N5 firmware and it reported everything normal, then did a firmware update to P8, and ran the test again, and this time it reported the CPUB was NG and needed to be replaced. The reason I came across this is that I had been working on a C300i that was getting a server disk full message. It had N5 firmware, did all the self diagnostics and all reported ok so I figured I would do the firmware to latest. Ran the self diagnostics again and still shows all good. Tried the diagnostic tool and that gave me the error. Either a firmware bug or the tool needs an update. Just my 2 cents, but something to be aware of.

femaster
03-21-2023, 12:32 AM
Has anybody been checking the gold fingers on the connector edge of the CPU board? I only ask because we had a C450i that was doing all sorts of crazy stuff, boot issues, crashing, locking up, etc., right out of the box. During the usual troubleshooting steps of re-seating everything, we found that the contacts on the edge of CPU board were extremely dirty. It looked like whatever 9-Year old child labor they were using to assemble the machine was eating lunch when they assembled the thing. The contacts on the CPU Board had all kinds of crap smeared all over them. After cleaning it up with alcohol, the machine never had another issue. Just a thought for some of those that are having problems out of the box.

rrrohan
03-21-2023, 08:08 AM

i thought that was in the standard run up procedure anyway

Mitch Barron
03-21-2023, 09:52 AM
Will try Initialize all next step and if that doesn't work maybe it's CPU board.

Definitely CPU, it happened to me few months ago with a 450i, I had change the SSD but it wasnt that till I changed the CPU everything back to normal.

Mitch Barron
03-21-2023, 10:38 AM

Definitely CPU, it happened to me few months ago with a 450i, I had change the SSD but it wasnt that till I changed the CPU everything back to normal.

tsbservice
03-21-2023, 01:06 PM
Has anybody been checking the gold fingers on the connector edge of the CPU board? I only ask because we had a C450i that was doing all sorts of crazy stuff, boot issues, crashing, locking up, etc., right out of the box. During the usual troubleshooting steps of re-seating everything, we found that the contacts on the edge of CPU board were extremely dirty. It looked like whatever 9-Year old child labor they were using to assemble the machine was eating lunch when they assembled the thing. The contacts on the CPU Board had all kinds of crap smeared all over them. After cleaning it up with alcohol, the machine never had another issue. Just a thought for some of those that are having problems out of the box.
Yes those were checked and cleaned in our case.

pez
06-26-2023, 10:38 AM
With regards to the CPU board change, I've just read the following in the SM:

▪ Never use the combination of the used CPU board removed from another machine and the storage board. This combinationcauses corruption of stored data. Note that the combination of the original CPU board and the used storage board removed from
another machine also causes the same problem.
▪ Never replace the CPU board and storage board with new one at the same time.

So is it a case of only being able to use a new, unused CPU board and the existing storage board if one suspects a CPU issue? Has anyone successfully used a used CPU board for troubleshooting, or are the CPU boards being paired with the storage boards somehow?

copytechtrouble
06-26-2023, 01:02 PM
With regards to the CPU board change, I've just read the following in the SM:

▪ Never use the combination of the used CPU board removed from another machine and the storage board. This combinationcauses corruption of stored data. Note that the combination of the original CPU board and the used storage board removed from
another machine also causes the same problem.
▪ Never replace the CPU board and storage board with new one at the same time.

So is it a case of only being able to use a new, unused CPU board and the existing storage board if one suspects a CPU issue? Has anyone successfully used a used CPU board for troubleshooting, or are the CPU boards being paired with the storage boards somehow?

the machine will boot into error code:
CD072 - Description: Second-hand SSD or second-hand CPU board installed. The storage board (STRGB) or CPU board (CPUB) used on other MFPs is installed.

if a second hand CPU is used

bowser
10-05-2023, 06:55 AM
Agree with CPU board for this issue.
warranty should be 3 years from purchase date, but need a ticket created with SSD created.
watch out on what board you order as they are making changes again, make sure you have the latest parts manual.

Custom Search