PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C224 several problems

Custom Search

Hornochse
02-10-2023, 08:11 PM
Hello community,
I'm new here but I try to help as much as I can for now on. Good to be here :-)

I got a used and not very well working bizhub C224 machine where I do have 4 problems:

- there is an error message saying the animated guide is not available. I know I have to install this in service mode with an USB stick but I don't know where to get this from. Any help is really appreciated.

- sometimes when I scan-to-mail via ADF i have green stripes all over the pages (on all pages) - see attached. But sometimes the PDF scan is perfect without any issues. What do I have to do? Anything I can adjust in service menu or is there a technical issue?

- the machine is not recognizing the paper size in tray 1 and 2. I have A4 paper loaded but tray 1 recognizes as 8 1/2x11 and tray 2 says A3. I already checked both trays but I can't find any issue.

- no matter if I print via tray 1, tray 2 or the seperate page feeder on the right, I always get error circle 11 and the paper kepps stucking in the machine (see error attached). also the machine is making very loud noise when printing - something is broken I think...

thank you for your inout and help!

best wishes
Alexander

emujo2
02-10-2023, 08:19 PM
I would rethink your purchase..The C224 is obsolete. You are going to be throwing good money after bad..Look for a C258 that is in good shape to begin with. E

Hornochse
02-10-2023, 08:30 PM
First of all thank you for your reply. Let me be more precise: I did not purchase the C224. We hat that machine in one of our offices and replaced it with a new Develop 250i machine. The bizhub C224 is now in my office because I think it’s too bad to throw it away… so I’d like to use it for my own - if possible…

Synthohol
02-10-2023, 11:14 PM
chk PMs

Hornochse
02-13-2023, 08:43 AM
Thankfully I got the movie data and installed it due to the service USB port and it worked. Thanks for that.
I also installed the fw which also worked for me.

Now I "only" have the porblems with the correct paper size not being recognized and the paper jam always I print...
There is A4 paper in both trays but it doesn't get recognized properly.
And I get a paper jam (11) every time I print.
How can I solve this?

And what about the green lines when I scan?

Thank you!

copyman
02-13-2023, 01:13 PM
Thankfully I got the movie data and installed it due to the service USB port and it worked. Thanks for that.
I also installed the fw which also worked for me.

Now I "only" have the problems with the correct paper size not being recognized and the paper jam always I print...
There is A4 paper in both trays but it doesn't get recognized properly.
And I get a paper jam (11) every time I print.
How can I solve this?

And what about the green lines when I scan?

Thank you!

Few things, Have you tried "change settings" and set the paper manually?

Have you tried opening the guides inside the papers trays? Slide them all the way open then slide back against paper.

Check for piece of paper stuck in cavity behind paper tray.

I've never seen all trays not recognizing the size correctly especially the side manual feed tray. If you can't get any try to recognize the correct size I would look into the admin or service mode settings. Not sure but may have a setting that will lock in paper size and override the user settings?

Last resort you could initialize the machines in service mode. Select to initialize all settings except server cache.

The paper jam is most likely because of wrong size paper.

Can you post picture of green lines? if you did already I missed it.

Hornochse
02-13-2023, 01:38 PM
Few things, Have you tried "change settings" and set the paper manually?

Where exactly? I tapped on Paper in the copy menu and chose "change tray settings" on the right but after that there is "Auto Detect" enabled which I can't change. See screenshots attached.

Have you tried opening the guides inside the papers trays? Slide them all the way open then slide back against paper.
Yes I did. I opened them several times and slided them back against the paper. It will always recogized as 8 1/2 x 11 and A3.

Check for piece of paper stuck in cavity behind paper tray.
nothing there

I've never seen all trays not recognizing the size correctly especially the side manual feed tray. If you can't get any try to recognize the correct size I would look into the admin or service mode settings. Not sure but may have a setting that will lock in paper size and override the user settings?
Where to find that?

Last resort you could initialize the machines in service mode. Select to initialize all settings except server cache.
I already initialized the machine to the default settings and I also formatted the hard drive.

Can you post picture of green lines? if you did already I missed it.
I did in my starting post - but see the scan with the green lines again attached. After 2nd or 3rd scan the green lines are gone and the scan looks perfekt. But if I scan the other day, the green lines are back ;-)

Synthohol
02-13-2023, 07:14 PM
To me the green lines kinda look like toner may be in the drum or DV gears and causing the roller to skip and vibrate against the brush?
I'd swap cyan and magenta drums first to see if the color changes. It may not. Then I'd "void the warranty" by cleaning the polygon mirror and every optical surface in the machine.
You can check all the ribbon cable connections between the ssd and mfpb and scan board.
If it's a 2 sided feeder check the HDMI socket on the duplex scan board. You can also remove the duplex scan board, disable the adf and reboot and see if the issue remains. At least you would have eliminated the adf and scan board from the mix.
Just my .02 ;)

tsbservice
02-13-2023, 07:48 PM
Agree with Synt. If you have dual scan Adf(the one that doesn't reverse pages back when scanning 2 sided originals it looks like digital noise may be caused by bad cables and/or dual scan board.
As of A4 not recognised properly check tray guides are set correctly and those have some wiring harness cracked sometimes in area behind tray to the switches recognising paper size. What if you set tray one to A3 and tray two to A4?

P.S.
If greenish pages are only on scans you can rule out printing engine - drums, laser, etc.

Hornochse
02-13-2023, 07:56 PM
before I reply to the latest posts: I posted a reply on copyman's answer but it told me it has to be reviewed by an admin. Hopefully it will be posted soon...

EDIT: But why did this reply not have to be reviewed by an admin?

Synthohol
02-13-2023, 08:09 PM
the software that runs this site can act wonky sometimes. like if you use the word 'print' in the title of the thread it is published in read only mode and its a real pain to respond.
if i type a detailed post sometimes ill copy all the text before submitting just to avoid the weirdness so i can get a word in like you did with your last post, as long as it shows up you have a limited time to hit edit post and paste in the real post that took a while to type.
just a PSA from your friendly neighborhood synthohol.

DelawareJim
02-13-2023, 08:36 PM
We have seen a similar issue with scanning, replaced the CCD to solve.

lidisu
03-18-2023, 02:07 AM
cambio de ccd para el problema del escaneo de rayas verdes

Custom Search