PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c250i "change toner" but toner cartridge it's full

Custom Search

Printer77
02-20-2023, 12:07 PM
Konica Minolta Bizhub c250i shows "depleted toner cartridge" but there is half of toner in cartridge. Toners are original from Konica Minolta. I already tried to clear and give a bigger pressure on contacts between chip and sensor. I also tried to disconnect toner station and turn it back on and still it's same error. I haven't only tried to update firmware. Is that toner chip error or in firmware?

tsbservice
02-20-2023, 12:45 PM
If K TCR is normal I would at first attempt to do Engine DIP SW 34.

Printer77
02-20-2023, 12:51 PM
I forgot to mention it's cyan and yellow toners

tsbservice
02-20-2023, 01:26 PM
I forgot to mention it's cyan and yellow toners
Then use SW31 and 33

copyman
02-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Then use SW31 and 33

Hate to see these type of issues with the newer models and another reason to stick with the 8 series as long as I can.

Just so I know what are the soft switches you posted for? I can look in manual but maybe there is something else you can add?

Thanks

Synthohol
02-20-2023, 02:48 PM
service mode, stop 0 clear engine sw switch ;)
just highlight the number, close & and reboot.

KMFLT3CH
02-20-2023, 02:50 PM
Hate to see these type of issues with the newer models and another reason to stick with the 8 series as long as I can.

Just so I know what are the soft switches you posted for? I can look in manual but maybe there is something else you can add?

Thanks

It resets the toner levels so the machine thinks the bottles are new/full. Works on 8 series as well.

tsbservice
02-20-2023, 04:19 PM
Copyman guys beat me on this one. I don't use it on i series but on 8 where it is not in manual but works.
A4 i series is another story and AFAIK it won't work.

tech51
02-20-2023, 07:21 PM
Copyman guys beat me on this one. I don't use it on i series but on 8 where it is not in manual but works.
A4 i series is another story and AFAIK it won't work.
A4 i series is dipswitch 6 and open-close the side door.

It’s one switch for all the toners, doesn’t reset the gas gauge but gets rid of the message and allows the machine to run.

It can take a few goes with the door to reset it though.

KMFLT3CH
02-20-2023, 07:55 PM

It’s one switch for all the toners, doesn’t reset the gas gauge but gets rid of the message and allows the machine to run.

Well I'll be damned you're right, just verified it in the service manual. The wording is a little different compared to the C360i manual.

Thanks for the heads up! I had to pop a new chip off another color to fix a new K toner not resetting, definitely going to try this method next time.

tsbservice
02-20-2023, 08:21 PM

I tried it once on C3350i with full black toner borrowed from another machine but machine will see it as an empty.
However right side door wasn't open-closed. It was important to run the machine until new toner arrives and your tip is well noted. Thanks

femaster
02-20-2023, 08:36 PM
Well I'll be damned you're right, just verified it in the service manual. The wording is a little different compared to the C360i manual.

Thanks for the heads up! I had to pop a new chip off another color to fix a new K toner not resetting, definitely going to try this method next time.

I have to assume that the C3350i would fall under the A4 category, but I am failing to locate the information in the service manual for this switch 6. Any help with locating it would be appreciated. We've had way too many toners on these that the customer has changed prematurely due to the Image Unit issues on these models. I'd love to be able to force the machines to reuse these partially used toners.

So far what we've been doing is pulling the chips off the toners in new machines we are setting up and swapping in the popped chips from the partially used toners. The new machines don't need to pop the chip on the toners to reset anything since the machine is new.

KMFLT3CH
02-20-2023, 08:42 PM
I have to assume that the C3350i would fall under the A4 category, but I am failing to locate the information in the service manual for this switch 6. Any help with locating it would be appreciated. We've had way too many toners on these that the customer has changed prematurely due to the Image Unit issues on these models. I'd love to be able to force the machines to reuse these partially used toners.

So far what we've been doing is pulling the chips off the toners in new machines we are setting up and swapping in the popped chips from the partially used toners. The new machines don't need to pop the chip on the toners to reset anything since the machine is new.

Looking at the "latest" manual dated 7/27/2022 / function version 2.2

The switch info is on PDF page 380 or document page J-20

Switch No. 6 / Choice of toner empty recovery mode

tsbservice
02-20-2023, 08:43 PM

Engine FW Dip SW

femaster
02-20-2023, 09:10 PM
Looking at the "latest" manual dated 7/27/2022 / function version 2.2

The switch info is on PDF page 380 or document page J-20

Switch No. 6 / Choice of toner empty recovery mode

Engine FW Dip SW

Thank you to both of you. I was searching, but wasn't using the correct words to locate it. Got it now, appreciate the help in locating it.

Printer77
02-21-2023, 07:39 AM
Can someone tell me location of "Engine FW Dip SW". Also will it new firmware solve that?

Synthohol
02-21-2023, 02:09 PM
Can someone tell me location of "Engine FW Dip SW". Also will it new firmware solve that?

post#6 in this thread.

no, firmware will not "fix" it :)

Custom Search