PDA

View Full Version : C300i Yellow Toner

Custom Search

kenpio
02-21-2023, 01:12 PM
Hi there,
We have a C300i with less that 4k on it. What is happening is that it is not adding toner to the developer. The toner is in the hopper, just not dropping into the DV unit. We have replaced the hopper unit, toner drive unit and EXCB Board. Still nothing. We look at state confirmation and the yellow toner is at 0.0%, all the others are at 6% or better. We do the manual toner add and it goes through its thing and still at 0. I can take toner from the hopper and put it in the DV and it does raise the TCR. The firmware is at the highest level, N5. We have been in contact with KM and they just tell us to throw parts at it. We now have it in our shop and out of the customer. We installed these in December of last year and this is the only problem child out of the 25 that were installed. I have all the covers off to watch to see things. Don't know if any have see or heard of this. Just about to throw in the towel at this one, or try to get a new machine under warranty.
Thanks
KEN

Gaffers01
02-21-2023, 04:03 PM
Does the chute between the hopper and the dev unit actually open when the developer unit is inserted?
Try a new developer unit (one of the other colours should be fine if you don't have spare one)

You said you have already replaced the Hopper section so must be something else, as far as I'm aware the toner add is fairly rudimentary so cant be many thing that would cause this.

tsbservice
02-21-2023, 07:00 PM
Does the chute between the hopper and the dev unit actually open when the developer unit is inserted?
Try a new developer unit (one of the other colours should be fine if you don't have spare one)

You said you have already replaced the Hopper section so must be something else, as far as I'm aware the toner add is fairly rudimentary so cant be many thing that would cause this.

Very good advice I would definitely look at this.

OP, if you remove developer unit can you manually open hopper, some toner should drop?

kenpio
02-22-2023, 01:37 AM
Well the thing about it is that there is nothing turning. The augers in the hopper are not turning. Even if the shutter was closed the augers in the hopper should be turning, right? The shaft from the back of the machine, the toner drive is not turning to turn the hopper. So this where we are at.
Thanks
KEN

occus
02-22-2023, 09:39 AM
Check M9 motor and the connector. I had a bad contact on a c450i.

kenpio
02-22-2023, 12:57 PM
M9 was the first thing that we replaced. Then the hopper, then the board and then the whole toner drive unit. Is there a load check for M9? Looked in manual and there is none.
Thanks

occus
02-22-2023, 02:17 PM
But do you have an error code? c25xx TCR yellow low right?
Try to measure if m9 are powered at the moment you add toner manual.
Connector from hopper assy are good?
There is no load check i guess.

tsbservice
02-22-2023, 05:09 PM
See attached - step 2.

L0rdC
02-24-2023, 05:24 PM
I have never seen 0.0% caused by hopper problem, it has always been caused by developer unit problem

tsbservice
02-24-2023, 05:56 PM
I have never seen 0.0% caused by hopper problem, it has always been caused by developer unit problem

I believe you may be right but we should wait for OP feedback.

kenpio
02-24-2023, 08:37 PM
Yea the developer is the only thing in the system that has not been replaced. That is the funny thing that there is not an error code with this. Guess that we will order one and see what happens. We have the unit in the shop and we can watch and see what happens...
Thanks
KEN

tsbservice
02-24-2023, 08:41 PM
Yea the developer is the only thing in the system that has not been replaced. That is the funny thing that there is not an error code with this. Guess that we will order one and see what happens. We have the unit in the shop and we can watch and see what happens...
Thanks
KEN
Did you check error history for past codes?

kenpio
03-06-2023, 01:31 PM
Good Morning,
Just an update on this POS. Yes I did check the service code history and they are all C-2555. All the way up to 2/13. On the phone with KM and they did tell me to replace the yellow DV unit. So we are waiting on that. It is kind of funny I can print out the demo page and it looks nice, even though in state confirm the yellow TCR is at 0.0%.
Thanks
KEN

kenpio
03-22-2023, 01:26 PM
Got an update from KM. This is it.
Thank you for the MML. After further review of the MML and the issue at hand, I want you to:

1. Replace HV Contact Assy x4 (P/N AA2JR70511)

2. Replace DV Contact Assy (P/N A161R70322)

3. Replace High voltage unit (P/N AA2JM40600)

If after replacing above parts your issue is not resolved, please call CSC at 800-825-5664. If it does set the ticket to resolve.

So they want us to throw more parts at it. I don't know if high voltage stuff will solve this. Like I have said before this thing is not even a year old. Any input?

Thanks
KEN

Gift
03-22-2023, 04:20 PM
Got an update from KM. This is it.
Thank you for the MML. After further review of the MML and the issue at hand, I want you to:

1. Replace HV Contact Assy x4 (P/N AA2JR70511)

2. Replace DV Contact Assy (P/N A161R70322)

3. Replace High voltage unit (P/N AA2JM40600)

If after replacing above parts your issue is not resolved, please call CSC at 800-825-5664. If it does set the ticket to resolve.

So they want us to throw more parts at it. I don't know if high voltage stuff will solve this. Like I have said before this thing is not even a year old. Any input?

Thanks
KEN

Is it within warranty? These suggestions appear some kind of stupid to me. What happen if you put that yellow dev into cyan and cyan into yellow and check the values again?
If there is no toner in the yellow dev the mag roller should be just covered in black or almost black developer - if the toner level is >0 the dev would look more or less yellow-ish.

I think the TD sensor harnesses all goes to that PCB that sits behind the waster toner - I've had issues if that board was diving in toner once or it might be faulty.

tsbservice
03-22-2023, 06:34 PM
Did you replace yellow dev unit?

kenpio
04-18-2023, 04:16 AM
Just an update,
Well we had our DSM come in and look at this thing. Well we spent all morning going over it and found that a previous tech installed the toner drive wrong. Something was wrong in there, the board, the toner drive, I don't know. The connectors for M9 and M8 were switched. After we switched them back the yellow ratio started to go up with the manual toner add and could feel the shaft turning. So I guess that it was technician induced. We will be taking it back some time this week. Thanks for all the help.
KEN

Custom Search