PDA

View Full Version : Toner block for users

Custom Search

Tiagocang
02-24-2023, 10:29 AM
Hello, if any1 could help me... when toner warning pop up if the user Open/close the door the mfp Will keep printing... I wanna know if is it possible to block the machine when the warning of Change toner appear

Machine models c224/258

Best regards

Gift
02-24-2023, 12:00 PM
Hello, if any1 could help me... when toner warning pop up if the user Open/close the door the mfp Will keep printing... I wanna know if is it possible to block the machine when the warning of Change toner appear

Machine models c224/258

Best regards

Not that I know of - are you asking because of multiple orders from fleet management?

emujo2
02-24-2023, 02:32 PM
All of these models have a option in service mode to turn off low toner message, and in the 8 series you can tell the screen to display # of days remaining, or % left. The issue with turning off the low toner message is...
1. The typical user will not know they are low until the day they see the toner is empty message
2. Now you have a down customer without toner wanting to know why the machine couldn't notify them 1 week ago that toner was low..
3. They open the door, shake the bottle and close the door and a firmware bug resets the toner % back to 100%

have fun.

occus
02-24-2023, 02:49 PM

Machine models c224/258

Best regards

No, it's not possible. The tonerbottle has no chip, new toner or toner empty detection is made with a other solution. That's why the toner reset's to 100% if you open/close the door... but the machine corrects itself soon to 0%.
On the other hand the machine works until the bottle is real empty.http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png

This workaround is good to bridge a few 100 prints if the customer has no new toner.

Tiagocang
02-24-2023, 04:00 PM
All of these models have a option in service mode to turn off low toner message, and in the 8 series you can tell the screen to display # of days remaining, or % left. The issue with turning off the low toner message is...
1. The typical user will not know they are low until the day they see the toner is empty message
2. Now you have a down customer without toner wanting to know why the machine couldn't notify them 1 week ago that toner was low..
3. They open the door, shake the bottle and close the door and a firmware bug resets the toner % back to 100%

have fun.
Thanks for the answer do you know how to put
the 8 series the screen to display # of days remaining, or % left.

emujo2
02-24-2023, 04:32 PM
Sorry, the days/% is only available for the I series (unless it's a firmware update), but there is a selection from 0 to 25 you can change to display when the warning is seen. Go into service mode and look at system 2/unit change settings. you will have to play with the settings as the manual does not indicate what value the range is for, E

tsbservice
02-24-2023, 06:58 PM
Sorry, the days/% is only available for the I series (unless it's a firmware update), but there is a selection from 0 to 25 you can change to display when the warning is seen. Go into service mode and look at system 2/unit change settings. you will have to play with the settings as the manual does not indicate what value the range is for, E

Model C258
0-25 are near empty warning at a percentage against 100% of a full toner cartridge state.

The Near Empty Display time will be displayed when "Bit Assignment 00000010 / HEX Assignment 02” is set for the Switch No. “151” through the following settings. [SERVICE MODE] -> [System 2] -> [Software Switch Setting].

FuserNoob
03-13-2023, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the info,
will this also reset the 'gas gauge' Toner Level display on the home screen? These things seem to be notoriously incorrect.

konicatoshiba
03-15-2023, 04:46 AM

Machine models c224/258

Best regards
code 34

Custom Search