PDA

View Full Version : Another weird issue with a bizhub C658

Custom Search

JasonSBE
03-07-2023, 08:41 PM
Hey, all. I had two machines giving similar symptoms, but one is still acting up. I'm going to upload samples when my tech gets to the office in the morning. Here's the rundown....

Machine presented with a bad cyan drum. A little voiding and some cyan streaks. This looked pretty routine, but when we put a new drum in, we're getting a light cyan background on prints, as well as some ghost images where the cyan image is put down. We take the same drum and put it in a different color, and it looks fine. We swap the yellow and cyan drums that were in the machine when we first got to the site, and we get the same ghosting and background in cyan. We tried replacing the dv contacts, the hv contacts, the frb board, and the high voltage board. No change in the symptoms. We also swapped the magenta and cyan erasure lamps. No change. I know it is hard to diagnose without a sample image, and I will upload some in the morning. Just wanted to throw it out there ahead of time, in case anyone else has run into something like this before.

Also, we have flashed the firmware to the latest base.

copyman
03-07-2023, 11:12 PM
Hey, all. I had two machines giving similar symptoms, but one is still acting up. I'm going to upload samples when my tech gets to the office in the morning. Here's the rundown....

Machine presented with a bad cyan drum. A little voiding and some cyan streaks. This looked pretty routine, but when we put a new drum in, we're getting a light cyan background on prints, as well as some ghost images where the cyan image is put down. We take the same drum and put it in a different color, and it looks fine. We swap the yellow and cyan drums that were in the machine when we first got to the site, and we get the same ghosting and background in cyan. We tried replacing the dv contacts, the hv contacts, the frb board, and the high voltage board. No change in the symptoms. We also swapped the magenta and cyan erasure lamps. No change. I know it is hard to diagnose without a sample image, and I will upload some in the morning. Just wanted to throw it out there ahead of time, in case anyone else has run into something like this before.

Also, we have flashed the firmware to the latest base.

Did you try a different Cyan Dev unit?

Synthohol
03-07-2023, 11:18 PM
did you initialize and stabilize the run gradations?

JasonSBE
03-07-2023, 11:22 PM
did you initialize and stabilize the run gradations?

I had another machine doing basically the same thing on magenta, and I did try it on that one, but not this one. Rather of foolish of me, since just because the symptoms are similar does not mean the cause is the same.

JasonSBE
03-07-2023, 11:23 PM
Did you try a different Cyan Dev unit?

I have not tried the dev unit yet. I had another machine doing almost the exact same thing though the color was magenta. I had a dev to test on that one, but no cyan available.

JasonSBE
03-08-2023, 02:20 PM
These are the samples I have of the demo page. 1 is in its current state with a cyan drum that is going out, one is when we swap cyan and magenta drums, and the final one is with a new dr313.

Mitch Barron
03-08-2023, 02:41 PM
These are the samples I have of the demo page. 1 is in its current state with a cyan drum that is going out, one is when we swap cyan and magenta drums, and the final one is with a new dr313.

Did you tried with a new develop? the first one look like you to needed it to calibrate. You also need to print the half tones to see if is dfinitely drums, I had a machine like this long time ago 658e doing this and it was Transfer belt. You need to Troubleshoot all this.

Gift
03-08-2023, 02:51 PM
If you compare the cyan voltages + td values in service mode, is there anything "suspicios" and totally off compared to the other colors?

Was the new drum + dev unit really new or properly converted (including chip)? Especially if the old unit had a lot on it's PM counter it's important that the new drum resets the PM counter via chip so the machine can remove several voltage adjustemts that took place over the lifecycle of the old drum/dev back to default.

JasonSBE
03-08-2023, 03:10 PM
If you compare the cyan voltages + td values in service mode, is there anything "suspicios" and totally off compared to the other colors?

Was the new drum + dev unit really new or properly converted (including chip)? Especially if the old unit had a lot on it's PM counter it's important that the new drum resets the PM counter via chip so the machine can remove several voltage adjustemts that took place over the lifecycle of the old drum/dev back to default.

My tech put in a ticket with KM. They went over the voltages before and after the drum change, and everything looked good. We have used modified drums before on this series but in the case of this issue we were using a brand new OEM dr313.

Konicatech
03-08-2023, 04:02 PM
I think before going any further you need to rule out the dev unit by trying a new one, or at least one from another machine..

tsbservice
03-08-2023, 05:28 PM
I would temporarily swap cyan and magenta developer units for one test page :cool:
Next time post MML, halftone cmyk patterns at 30 and 200 to see your voltages, errors, counters etc.

JasonSBE
03-08-2023, 09:54 PM
We figured it out, but it didn't make any sense. I had my tech go back out with another developer and another drum from a different batch(some of the newer drums are packed in boxes with different artwork... more blue markings). He initialized the stabilizer and put the new drum in. Boom... calibrated and is printing normally. I guess we're going to have to make sure we keep extra drums. I'm going to have him test the other drum on a different machine and see if it was just defective.... still does not explain why swapping the magenta drum had the same effect.

tsbservice
03-08-2023, 10:04 PM
Personally I would attend that machine to see what's really happened.

wedotek
03-22-2023, 09:29 AM
Hello everybody.

I already had a similar problem and I solved it by changing the transfer unit.

L0rdC
03-22-2023, 10:15 AM
I have had this problem when changing the drum cylinder without changing the chip when restoring a unit, if you changed the complete original unit, I would not know exactly what the problem was, but when it came out completely cyan, I would lean towards static in the cylinder

techsxge
03-22-2023, 11:13 AM
Check the transfer belt for any damage or wear, and clean it if necessary. A damaged or dirty transfer belt can cause ghosting and background issues.

Check the transfer roller for any damage or wear, and clean it if necessary. A damaged or dirty transfer roller can also cause ghosting and background issues.

Check the registration roller and its sensors. If the registration roller is dirty or damaged, it can cause misregistration issues that can lead to ghosting and background problems.

Check the transfer bias voltage. If the transfer bias voltage is too high or too low, it can cause ghosting and background issues.

Check the laser unit and optics. If the laser unit or optics are dirty or damaged, they can cause image quality issues.

Custom Search