PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C258 - Trouble double-sided printing on cardstock

Custom Search

snarkdofu
03-20-2023, 10:21 PM
I'm trying to print double-sided on 100gsm cardstock using the Bizhub C258 and am running into some issues.

Initially I couldn't get it to print at all without immediately getting jammed- no matter which settings I changed(in user/print/paper- can expand if helpful), but I kind of fixed this by running the paper through the bypass tray.
Using the bypass tray I can print 1 side, no problem, but when the paper feeds back through for the second side, it is consistently getting jammed at what is labeled "M6"- at the top on the door when you open it up.

Is there something I can do to resolve this? In the meantime, I'll just run the single-sided paper through the machine again to print the other side.

Thanks!

copyman
03-20-2023, 10:45 PM
I'm trying to print double-sided on 100gsm cardstock using the Bizhub C258 and am running into some issues.

Initially I couldn't get it to print at all without immediately getting jammed- no matter which settings I changed(in user/print/paper- can expand if helpful), but I kind of fixed this by running the paper through the bypass tray.
Using the bypass tray I can print 1 side, no problem, but when the paper feeds back through for the second side, it is consistently getting jammed at what is labeled "M6"- at the top on the door when you open it up.

Is there something I can do to resolve this? In the meantime, I'll just run the single-sided paper through the machine again to print the other side.

Thanks!

Don't think it will do 2 sided automatically. Will have to do 1st side and put back on tray to do 2nd side. You definitely have to use the by-pass tray which you found out. Set the bypass tray for "Thick" 3 or 4. If you don't run on thick setting which slows down the machine it will damage the fuser which is expensive!

snarkdofu
03-20-2023, 10:56 PM
Don't think it will do 2 sided automatically. Will have to do 1st side and put back on tray to do 2nd side. You definitely have to use the by-pass tray which you found out. Set the bypass tray for "Thick" 3 or 4. If you don't run on thick setting which slows down the machine it will damage the fuser which is expensive!

Amazing, ok this is exactly what I wanted to know. Appreciate the response!

rrrohan
03-21-2023, 08:12 AM
100GSM is basically standard office paper. It 100% can duplex that easily

snarkdofu
03-21-2023, 09:02 AM
100GSM is basically standard office paper. It 100% can duplex that easily

Do you have any suggestions about what I could change settings-wise to help?

rrrohan
03-21-2023, 10:12 AM
are you 100% its only 100GSM

it seems odd that 80GSM office paper works fine but only 20GSM heavier has so many problems

snarkdofu
03-21-2023, 10:37 AM
are you 100% its only 100GSM

it seems odd that 80GSM office paper works fine but only 20GSM heavier has so many problems

Hahahaha- yes... you were correct.
Just checked the paper- it's 100lb, 270gsm. That's a leap. Whoops!

copyman
03-21-2023, 12:19 PM
I knew what OP meant when they posted "card stock". I know it's easy to make a mistake with the weight. It can be confusing. But hard to make a mistake between card stock and regular paper!

Again bottom line is "card stock" has to be fed only through by-pass with a "thick" setting. 2nd side has to be manually done with putting back on by pass tray with 1st print side up.

rrrohan
03-21-2023, 01:14 PM
Hahahaha- yes... you were correct.
Just checked the paper- it's 100lb, 270gsm. That's a leap. Whoops!

oh jeez lol yeah no if you told the copier its thick 4 it would just disable duplex for the exact reason you discovered, it would just jam.

tsbservice
03-21-2023, 08:12 PM
Ha-ha what a greenhorn :D
Next time try RTFM.

copyman
03-22-2023, 04:02 AM
Can't expect much more. Just an end user needing some help.

snarkdofu
03-22-2023, 01:29 PM
I knew what OP meant when they posted "card stock". I know it's easy to make a mistake with the weight. It can be confusing. But hard to make a mistake between card stock and regular paper!

Again bottom line is "card stock" has to be fed only through by-pass with a "thick" setting. 2nd side has to be manually done with putting back on by pass tray with 1st print side up.

Could you explain to me why paper is listed both by lbs and gsm?
Trying to learn !! Everyone gotta start somewhere :confused:

emujo2
03-22-2023, 02:22 PM
GSM is a international standard, LB is the way we americans measure paper because the GSM is too easy. IE 20# bond, 60# cover, 110# index. You may have to accommodate glossy settings, but if you know the GSM, then you can throw the LB measurements out the window..KMs have the paper tray settings clearly defined by GSM + Thick modes..You may want to download and print a easy to use conversion chart and hang it by the copier..In a nutshell, the LB rating is what a 500 sheet box weighs, the GSM is what 1 Sq Meter of the paper weighs. E

Custom Search