PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Drivers

Custom Search

copytechtrouble
03-22-2023, 10:22 AM
hello all,
I'm just interested o know how you folks handle driver installs for new machine?
Specifically when upgrading an older model machine to a newer one e.g. a c258 or 458 to a newer 250i or 450i.
do you replace the driver on the users machine to reflect the new machine, i.e change the 36C-9i to the 36C-0i driver?
this is fine with only a couple of users but when its an office or school with 50 to 100 users and all need the admin login to change the driver do you bother or is it fine to leaver it on the old one?
what do you do?

techsxge
03-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Remove the old Driver entirely. Then Install new driver.
For larger instllations, i have a printserver anyways.

wjurls
03-22-2023, 05:13 PM
hello all,
I'm just interested o know how you folks handle driver installs for new machine?
Specifically when upgrading an older model machine to a newer one e.g. a c258 or 458 to a newer 250i or 450i.
do you replace the driver on the users machine to reflect the new machine, i.e change the 36C-9i to the 36C-0i driver?
this is fine with only a couple of users but when its an office or school with 50 to 100 users and all need the admin login to change the driver do you bother or is it fine to leaver it on the old one?
what do you do?

As a school district tech, we have global admin access and therefore will handle the installation of all drivers. If you are installing equipment at a school, they too should have IT staff that will install for the majority of staff members. I used to just send a link and instructions for the setup file on my shared folder, but after the BS with surrounding districts and ransomware, tech services has striped local admin rights for all users (PITA). For teachers, we typically schedule them to all bring their laptops to the lounge at a specific date/time to set them up for secure print. We will also remove the old printers from their devices folder. I don't like to recycle IP addresses or drivers when changing models either unless it is a very similar model (i.e. Bizhub 951 to Bizhub 1100).

On my side hustle, I deliver every machine with a USB drive that has all the drivers they need on it. Depending on the setup, I will either hand it off to their I.T. guy, or else just install the drivers myself if users have local admin privileges. Up to 5 workstations included on the delivery and install charge.

Synthohol
03-22-2023, 05:28 PM
we would change drivers or setup scanning on up to 3 computers, after that its billable at the networking rate of x /hr broken in 15 minute blocks min 1st hr.

Markks
03-23-2023, 02:44 AM
hello all,
what do you do?

Konica now recommends to use the latest universal print driver when installing new machines . From driver page KM_UniversalDriver_PS_PCL_FAX_3.9.303.0. Note: For current and future released products.

rrrohan
03-23-2023, 03:47 AM
Konica now recommends to use the latest universal print driver when installing new machines . From driver page KM_UniversalDriver_PS_PCL_FAX_3.9.303.0. Note: For current and future released products.

i avoid the universal driver like the plague

Custom Search