PDA

View Full Version : Kon.-Min. C250 showing "Image Stabalizing" quite often

Custom Search

Claudio
02-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Question:
Is it normal for the Kon.-Min. C250 to show "Image Stabalizing" often?
I notice if I open covers and close them it goes into this mode and you have to wait about a minute before you can make another copy.
Also, my cystomer stated this is also happenning in their middle of their print run. This is causing the machine to be too slow to get a copy run done.
:confused:
Claudio

JSC
02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Yep................. Its the biggest gripe with that machine, you can change the span from 1 to 2 but to be fair it does not make a great deal of difference. Make sure there are no doors or window to close to the MFP as that has an effect as well.

minimerlin
02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
This is part of the normal operation, to ensure copy quality is maintained. It may be worth checking if the latest firmware is installed.

random
02-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Also, check the enviroment the machine is in. If it is near an open door or in a area that has a lot airflow the machine will adjust all the time for the enviroment.

Claudio
02-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks again for your inputs.
Have a great week :)
Claudio

peter lynn
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
due to gradation routine [in EXPERT mode] not being performed 3 xtimes per month.if you do this monthly it solves many other problems on this beast much obliged peter

peter lynn
02-13-2009, 05:53 AM
due to gradation routine [in EXPERT mode] not being performed 3 xtimes per month.if you do this monthly it solves many other problems on this beast much obliged peter when performing gradation for third time has finished you must lock in the new data by clicking on image stabilse in expert tab ...the m/c wll run for approx 1 min then close out .if gradation has not been done for many months you may have to do it for the next week and then monthly cheers peter

Claudio
02-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks Peter:
I think I am starting not to like this machine.

dcopylady
02-13-2009, 05:28 PM
;) I have found some user issues associated with this. The message "add toner soon" is deceptive in that the TC level in the dev tank has detected low toner level, therefore the message. The customer wants to "squeeze" every gram of toner from the cartridge, so they run it until the TC level is so low it can't make another copy and quits. OK, add toner. Now, the developer is empty of toner, machine runs IS aginn, adds gram of toner, makes a copy, not enough, adds again, ditto, ditto ditto, ditto, until there is sufficient toner to run.
I have trained my users to change the toner as soon as the message appears. All but 1 are happy and do not complain about excessive IS. Also, FW upgrade to v3.03 is supposed to help. It defaults the IS cycle to span 2, which increases the number of prints between IS cycles.

Custom Search