PDA

View Full Version : C458 ADF Left Cover Adjustment

Custom Search

FuserNoob
03-24-2023, 05:37 PM
Hi All,
I have a C458 that wont scan from the ADF unless I press down on the left cover.
I have determined, after removing the rear cover, that the drive gear for the paper pickup assembly is not making contact with the take-up clutch gear.
I cant find anything in mobile manuals covering this adjustment.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

FuserNoob
03-24-2023, 06:10 PM
As a temporary fix, I was able to get it working by stripping the plastic cover off the wire of a bread tie and wrapping it around the post that the cover latches to, but I'd prefer something permanent.:D

blackcat4866
03-24-2023, 07:26 PM
Is that post cracked or damaged in some way? It's not unheard of. =^..^=

FuserNoob
03-24-2023, 08:09 PM
the metal post that the plastic hook from the cover attaches to is fine and there is no visible damage to the ADF

KMFLT3CH
03-24-2023, 08:16 PM
Try bending the metal post downwards. Had to do this on a few i-series right out of the box, otherwise you get a loud grinding noise and the original doesn't feed in.

EarthKmTech
03-25-2023, 01:29 AM
Try bending the metal post downwards. Had to do this on a few i-series right out of the box, otherwise you get a loud grinding noise and the original doesn't feed in.

Yep +1 this

Seen this plenty when people try lifting open the jam access door without unlatching it. This is a 100% fix.

Also helps with the 6633 jams resulting from insufficient separation pressure, slippery paper with high coverage printing and slipping on pickup on the DF-714's

femaster
03-25-2023, 03:08 AM
the metal post that the plastic hook from the cover attaches to is fine and there is no visible damage to the ADF

So the plastic latch (hook) itself on the back side of the access door is still OK? I have seen those break many times on various models which results in exactly what you are experiencing.

FuserNoob
03-27-2023, 05:09 PM
Everything looks fine upon visual inspection. I had to take off the back cover to diagnose that the gears weren't meshing correctly.
I bent the pins (front and rear), i had to put some effort into closing the cover, but it scans like a champ now!
Thanks!

Custom Search